There’s a lot to look forward to as you grow older. The list includes wisdom, more life experiences, greater adventures, and things like that. But with age, comes the inevitable changes in your body as well. And for women, one very common alteration is the shape of their breasts. The temporary but very effective fix - best bra for sagging breasts.
Now let me tell you that there’s nothing wrong about your bosoms starting to give in to gravity. It’s only a natural process, much like the formation of wrinkles and fine lines. However, the good news here is that you can control how much they sag, much like you can reduce the appearance of your aging-related skin changes.
So whatever the cause of your droopy breasts, first you accept this natural shape with open arms. And second, make sure you’re wearing a bra that supports, shapes, and lifts them in the most comfortable manner. For the latter, here are my top recommendations!
- 14 Best Bras Designed for Sagging Breasts
- 1. PrimaDonna Women’s Deauville Full Cup Bra
- 2. Maidenform Women’s Love The Lift Push Up
- 3. Warner’s Women’s Easy Does It No Bulge Wire-Free Bra
- 4. Wacoal Women’s Full Figure Basic Beauty Underwire Bra
- 5. Olga Women’s No Side Effects Underwire Contour Bra
- 6. Playtex Women’s 18 Hour Ultimate Lift and Support Wire Free Bra
- 7. Bali Women’s Double Support Wire-Free Bra
- 8. Vanity Fair Women’s Body Caress Full Coverage Wire Free Bra
- 9. Elomi Women’s Caitlyn Underwire Side Support Bra
- 10. Panache Women’s Tango Underwired Balconette Bra
- 11. Glamorise Women’s Full Figure Plus Size MagicLift Original Wirefree Support Bra
- 12. Chantelle Women’s Rive Gauche Full Coverage Unlined Bra
- 13. MTRNTY Women’s Maternity Nursing Underwire Support Anti Sagging Bra
- 14. Elila Women’s Plus Size Jacquard Wireless Bra
- Why Do Breasts Become Saggy?
- Does Wearing the Wrong Bra Size Cause Breasts to Sag?
- How to Measure Bra Size for Sagging Breasts?
- Choosing the Right Bras for Saggy Breasts
- The End
14 Best Bras Designed for Sagging Breasts
1. PrimaDonna Women’s Deauville Full Cup Bra
The first of the lot is a bra that offers exceptional support for larger sagging breasts. But it’s the customized fit of the design that feels like its strongest point. All thanks to the elastic lining that’s a part of the top section of the full-coverage cups. Speaking of which, the cups are plenty firm to lift your bosoms while the bra’s side section nudges your breasts toward the center.
And another thing that caught my attention is the deeper structure of the cups, which is simply amazing and the most practical for giving you sagging breasts the lift they absolutely demand. So you’re sure to get that flatteringly smooth and round appearance.
2. Maidenform Women’s Love The Lift Push Up
Not all breasts are large or even average in size. So if your bosoms are smaller than normal, then nothing works better than a comfortable push-up bra to create natural cleavage. And this Maidenform bra knows exactly how to do that. Plus, it features side smoothing wings for pushing the sag toward the center.
Even a pair of small boobs deserve support after all. But a well-designed bra that can hold little handfuls of joy is not easy to come by. In that case, you’ll Love The Lift Push Up Bra. It feels extremely comfortable and gives you the lift and cleavage you’ve been looking for.
3. Warner’s Women’s Easy Does It No Bulge Wire-Free Bra
Who said that only bras with underwire are suitable for sagging breasts. If you’re not such a big fan of underwire support, then you can get the same amount of support along with shaping and lifting effect with a wire-free bra like this.
The all-over stretch fabric brings tons of comfort into the picture. The design provides extra side coverage in the form of side panels to banish the underarm bulge. The bra doesn’t flatten you out. And the higher sides work like magic when it comes to keeping your sagging bulges tucked away.
4. Wacoal Women’s Full Figure Basic Beauty Underwire Bra
Your search for the best full-coverage bra ends now with this basic yet highly recommended underwire for no bounce and no sag. The construction is pretty sturdy if you ask me. And the underwire keeps the straps and shape of the bra in place throughout the day, even if your breasts are on the heavier side.
This particular style is equipped with a center gore wide enough to properly separate your breasts. And that means it’s the most suitable for breast shapes like pendulous/sagging, east/west, and round.
No doubt, it enhances the natural shape of your breasts with its discreet inner support and shaping slings that minimize and smooth your back/side bulges.
5. Olga Women’s No Side Effects Underwire Contour Bra
The beauty of t-shirt and contoured bras is that they create the most flattering, natural-looking rounded and smooth appearance. So the current design is ideal for daily wear for women with a full bust. It’s comfortable and seamless with full-coverage cups.
There’s extra side coverage plus elastic-free back and sides. The latter is what gives you a streamlined, seamless appearance under clothing. And you know what., the straps are front-adjustable.
It’s surprising and even unbelievable just how extremely soft the bra feels against the skin. And its all-over smoothing effect is just unparalleled.
6. Playtex Women’s 18 Hour Ultimate Lift and Support Wire Free Bra
Bras with lift panels are ideal for curvy women since they offer natural-looking shaping. As for this Lift and Support Wire Free Bra by Playtex, its 4-way support is pretty solid when you want the end result to be no sagging and even full coverage. And all this without any underwire or padding!
You’re highly likely to appreciate the cushioned straps as well, which stay in place and don’t bother your shoulders. And that’s much-needed in case your breast size is larger than normal.
7. Bali Women’s Double Support Wire-Free Bra
Can this wire-free bra provide all-day comfort? To be honest, I don’t see why not because Bali has incorporated all the right features into this one. Such as the leotard back, which is the best for smoothing and shaping your back fat and side bulges.
As for supporting and lifting sagging breasts, the bra’s got seamless, double-layered, molded cups. So there’s no sagging, not even cleavage bulging. So if you’re a fuller-breasted lady with a saggy pair, you might cherish the comfort and support of such Bali bras.
8. Vanity Fair Women’s Body Caress Full Coverage Wire Free Bra
With this no-underwire bra by none other than Vanity Fair, you can covert the traditional straps into a criss-cross back. But that might not be your priority here. The ultimate goal is to keep the breasts from sagging, right?
In that case, I applaud the brand for including full-coverage cups and a special blend of fabric for smoothing and shaping the bulges you simply don’t want to show. Moreover, the elastic in the underbust region is abundantly comfortable. And it delivers superior comfort, no doubt.
Without an underwire, the Body Caress bra is super-comfy with its contoured design and full-coverage cups that pave the way for good foundation below just about any outfit.
9. Elomi Women’s Caitlyn Underwire Side Support Bra
For separating your breasts and making them look perky, you can place your trust in a brand like Elomi, with its designs like Caitlyn. Caitlyn is a side support underwire bra, meaning it’s got side slings to support your side breast tissue for preventing spillage in your underarm region.
You get full cups, which is great if your breasts are on the fuller, larger side. What Caitlyn also does is lifts up your bosoms, so you can actually see your waistline from where your head sits. That means lifting the sag that has been hiding your waistline for so many years.
And one more thing - feel free to wear those much dreaded lower neckline top and dresses you might have been avoiding for so long.
10. Panache Women’s Tango Underwired Balconette Bra
You know what a balconette bra does? Effortlessly creates that upward push saggy breasts demand in order to look rounder and fuller. On top of that, the Panache bra features underside padding for adding more volume, which might come in handy for women with smaller breasts.
Panache Tango features molded cups for the perfect amount of breast support. So you can now look down and not see your breasts sagging in those cups. It feels comfortable and fits perfectly even after some holiday eating.
11. Glamorise Women’s Full Figure Plus Size MagicLift Original Wirefree Support Bra
The brand’s most popular breast lifting bra that proves you don’t require an underwire for making your breasts look perky. This is simply the best considering how the majority of wire-free bras leave busty women sagging.
But what feature is it that compensate for the lack of underwire support? It’s the cushioned inner-bust band, which not only lifts the sag but also separates your breasts the right way. Meaning they don’t look too spaced out nor too closely set.
And bonus points for the comfortable, adjustable, wide, padded straps that minimize shoulder and back strain. You know that reduced back strain is a huge relief if the size of your breasts is on the larger side.
12. Chantelle Women’s Rive Gauche Full Coverage Unlined Bra
You should consider buying Chantelle Rive Gauche for its phenomenal anti-gravity action and slimming effect. This full-coverage bra offers unbelievable support and an incredible fit. The cups defy gravity to make your sagging breasts look perky.
And the best part is also that the bra takes as much as 15 pounds off your frame. Thus, enhancing not only your bust but also your overall figure.
Even the side panels installed for support deliver the much-needed slimming effect to your breast tissue. Just buy a pair or two and witness them lasting for a pretty long time, and I’m talking YEARS!
13. MTRNTY Women’s Maternity Nursing Underwire Support Anti Sagging Bra
It goes without saying this is a nursing bra constructed using soft, anti-chafing cotton that respects your tender, sensitive breasts at the time of breastfeeding. Mostly, nursing bras have no underwire because it tends to press against your breasts and skin. But that’s not what happens in this case.
The underwire support here is actually quite beneficial for activating anti-sag performance. Furthermore, the straps are both adjustable and convertible.
To be honest, it’s a one-of-a-kind nursing bra to take care of both your sagging breasts and tenderness in the chest due to breastfeeding.
14. Elila Women’s Plus Size Jacquard Wireless Bra
The bra’s wide, high power back is the one and only feature responsible for supporting your bust and back, even if your breast size is 50+. The unlined, 3-part cup design is the most functional as far as lifting, supporting, and shaping larger breasts is concerned.
Super-comfortable to wear, no doubt, And the slightly tight fit is great when it comes to taking some load off your shoulders. Moreover, the full-coverage cups prevent any form of spillage, along with holding all of your breast tissue in. And last, but not the least, the straps can be adjusted from the front.
Why Do Breasts Become Saggy?
It’s only natural for the ligaments of your breasts to stretch out and start to sag. The loss of elasticity of the skin also gives rise to droopy breasts. While these two processes may be inevitable, there are many factors that have a direct impact on the severity or degree of that drooping effect.
In that context, here are the most common causes:
- Size/Shape of Your Breasts – If you have larger, narrower breasts, then these are more likely to give in to the force of gravity. At least more likely than smaller, rounder breasts.
- Drastic or Sudden Weight Change – Losing and gaining weight quickly does indeed alter the shape and size of your breasts. Losing a lot of weight means shrinking the skin while gaining a lot causes the stretching of the skin. And both contribute to the sagging effect.
- Genetics – If your mother has saggy breasts, then your chances of getting the sag are also high. Genes play a huge role when it comes to the shaping and sizing of your body, including breasts of course.
- Smoking – What smoking does is weaken skin elasticity. And with the loss of skin firmness, developing sagging breasts is the next outcome.
- Pregnancy – The more times you get pregnant, the more the skin around your breasts stretches. And that inevitably makes your bosoms look droopy.
- Age – You cannot defy age, no matter what. Agreed? In that case, the process of aging involves the sagging of breasts. Particularly when drastic hormonal changes occur, such as during menopause. So it’s natural for these changes to have a direct impact on the volume and structure of your breast tissue.
- Exercise without Proper Breast Support – When not supported properly during physical movements, breasts are bound to bounce around freely. Thus, stretching and weakening the ligaments. And that, in turn, results in sagging. No wonder sports bras are so popular among busty women.
Does Wearing the Wrong Bra Size Cause Breasts to Sag?
The answer to this question, quite surprisingly, is NO. Your bra size or shape doesn’t lead to the sagging of breasts. But it’s undeniable that you can make your droopy sisters look perkier and rounder by wearing the correct bra size. Understood?
So bras don’t necessarily lead to sagging. However, they keep your boobs from looking floppy.
How to Measure Bra Size for Sagging Breasts?
You start by taking the normal measurements of your cup and band size. For the former, wrap the measuring tape around the fullest part of your chest. And for the band size, wrap the tape just below your bust.
Since your breasts are sagging, add 2 more inches to your band size. Then place two fingers under the band. Do your fingers slip through comfortably? If yes, it means the band is big. The gap should feel less than an inch.
Choosing the Right Bras for Saggy Breasts
One of the most effective ways of correcting the appearance of sagging breasts is to wear a supportive bra. And this type of bra features the following elements.
3 hooks or higher are a must if you want your bra to deliver additional strength.
Also, please make sure that the hooks are built onto both sides horizontally and vertically. This is the most useful when your breasts demand a tighter fit as time wears on and the bra begins to lose its original elasticity.
Keep Away From Molded Cups
The thing about molded cup bras is that they lack in terms of support. These are not so great for larger sizes because the reshaping capacity of the fabric is not limitless.
Choose Soft Cups
Bras that feature soft cups cover and support your breasts properly. But only if these are also designed with an underwire. Sagging breasts find it much easier when it comes to filling and fitting into soft-cup bras.
More often than not, side support in bras presents itself in the form of side shaper panels or wings, wide band, higher sides, etc. It’s actually the extra lining of fabric along the underarm region. This, no doubt, tucks in any unnecessary side bulge. Therefore, also pushing your breast tissue toward the center instead of letting it hang loose.
Now you know that the shape of your breasts decides what bra style is the most fitting for you. And this explains why a particular bra looks good on some women and simply terrible on the others. Because not all women have the same shape of breasts, even if the size is the same.
Hopefully, the comprehensive buying guide should help you make better bra decisions for your droopy twins. There’s nothing wrong with your breasts starting to sag. But something can go wrong if you don’t wear a bra that supports sagging breasts.
Just take your accurate measurements and then simply choose from the list of bra styles I’ve reviewed for you in this article.