Last Updated on November 18, 2023 by Sarah Keene
There is a time to wear shapewear while there are times to fit simple lingerie for the occasion or at home. But if you have a pear-shaped body struggling to find the best underwear that will not compromise your figure, this article might help.
The best lingerie for a pear-shaped body is the one that could minimize the appearance of your bum and other functions. But what is a pear-shaped body, anyway? Find out more and continue reading!
Top 3 Lingerie For Pear Shape Body
|#1 – Editor’s Choice
8 Best Lingerie For Pear Shape Body – Reviews 2022
Note: Each product has a standard size chart in every link. You can base your size on this chart for a perfect fit. But be honest, measure your true-size to get the best results.
1. Jockey Women’s Underwear Elance Hipster
The Jockey Underwear Elance Hipster has colorful but intimate designs that are unique in lingerie. So, if you want exciting styles and colors to rule your day, this hipster is a perfect choice. The briefs have full butt coverage and have no possibility of wedging.
This Jockey Elance Hipster comes in a 3-pack assorted style with front & rear coverage in mosaic, pastel, floral, and dark or light colors (Black, Green, Blue, or Pink). The colors will enhance your lifestyle even if the brief panty remains hidden under outer garments.
- The Jockey Hipster is 100% cotton.
- Better crotch and butt coverage.
- It has a sleek and slim design for women on the go.
- The underwear has anti-wicking property.
- The waistband is thick enough for any movement.
- This hipster enhances a lighter feel with utmost comfort.
- The leg openings line with cotton for an ideal cushion.
- Ideal as nightwear to add romantic moments with your partner.
- Machine washable with cold water.
- Not to tumble dry.
2. Warner’s Women’s Blissful Benefits No Muffin Top Hipster Panties
Lingerie should not be just underwear; sometimes it got to be more functional. Like the Warner’s Women’s Hipster Panties, which offer some benefits while wearing them. This panty hipster trims down your muffin top because of its spandex waistband that compresses the tummy.
The waistband has a fashionable lace with lighter and soft fabric for a smooth feel. The panty is 90% polyester and 10% spandex with high side wings that prevent the lingerie against wedgies. Each purchase of this intimate lingerie has three different colors that come in more than 20 color combinations.
- The panty hipster comes in 3-pack with different colors.
- The colors are from light to dark hues that match skin tone or outerwear.
- The leg openings are seamless, with no visible panty lines when worn.
- The hipster panty goes with both casual and formal wear.
- The fabric is breathable without an unpleasant odor.
- The crotch is cotton for a more comfortable feel.
- Machine washable but should be air-dried.
3. Fruit of the Loom Pack Underpants
If you want lingerie with a thinner waistband, the Fruit of the Loom Underpants may suit you better. This underwear has a pull-on closure, so you will not hesitate to go to the bathroom more frequently. These panty briefs are 100% cotton, cut & sew the Fruit of the Loom way.
The waistband hugs your waist firmly that will not fold down even with intense movement. Women with pear-shaped bodies have a choice in getting the right underwear for them with this intimate lingerie. The cotton crotch will keep your genitals dry and always refreshed.
- The underpants come in 6, 10, and 12 packs of different prints/colors/designs.
- The waistband is almost unnoticeable and compresses the waist firmly.
- The briefs have a wide cotton gusset that will not damp.
- The gusset is hypoallergenic and will not cause inflammation.
- Thicker side wings for better coverage of the hips.
- The leg openings are soft prevents chaffing.
- This underwear is not seamless.
- The crotch has a bulky fabric.
4. Areke Women’s Bikini Panties Seamless Underwear, Soft Stretch Cheekini Hipster Briefs
Call it whatever you want; pants, undies, knickers, or panties; the Areke Bikini Panties are superb! This hipster brief is the preferred brand of the new generation of women in North America and the UK! Do you wonder why?
You see, the Areke Seamless Underwear Cheekini Hipster is 92% nylon and 8% spandex with a simple design. But it has more ergonomic features compared to other brands. The lingerie comes dark to light colors in a pack of six. The brief panties have seamless knit in the waistband and body that enable 4-way stretch.
- Ideal for pear-shaped women with large hips.
- The bikini panties have no side seams for a sloppy feel.
- It is a stretcher and has a wider waistband.
- The leg edge only has the seams for added comfort & sleek.
- The side wings are wide to prevent wedgies.
- The colors range from dark to light (such as Black & Nude).
- Imported materials.
- The pre-pack comes in assorted colors and not changeable.
5. Fruit of the Loom Women’s Seamless Panties with 360° Stretch
Do you want the best seamless underwear around? Then try the Fruit of the Loom Seamless Panties with 360° Stretch. This high-cut panty is 100% high-quality nylon that stretches while you move and fits nicely with your shape.
This seamless panty is one of the favorites of the new generation of women because of its modern look yet so comfy. The underwear is lighter and breathable, which is why it is perfect for those who are always on the go. This top-of-the-line panty has leg openings that are so soft; they will not chafe with every heavy movement.
- This intimate lingerie is tag-free with added softness.
- The panty has no irritating side seam.
- The leg openings are cut higher towards the hips.
- Ideal for everyday wears on any occasion.
- No visible panty lines on outerwear.
- Add romance to an intimate night if you sleep on your underwear.
- The fabric is thinner than ordinary lingerie.
- Machine washable, but light must be separate.
- Not for ironing.
6. Calvin Klein Women’s Cotton Stretch Logo Bikini Panty
If you want a bikini panty as underwear, go for Calvin Klein Cotton Stretch Logo Bikini Panty. This intimate apparel is 95% cotton and 5% elastane that will not constrict blood flow to any part of your midsection and the legs.
The slim elastic waistband is a cotton stretch that adds up to your sexiness and more feminine look. If you do not like a thick elastic waistband: this is the right underwear for you. The soft fabric gives you more breathability and the right fit at the same time.
- One of the best cuts for pear-shaped ladies.
- This underwear has pull-on closure.
- Sleek & slim waistband combined with slips-on.
- The lingerie will boost your self-confidence.
- Perfect as nightwear to add more romantic moments.
- The pack comes with 4, 5, and 7 bikini panties.
- The package has assorted colors to match your outfit.
- Machine washable but no bleaching.
- It is best to air dry.
7. Fruit of the Loom Women’s Everlight Underwear Multipack
If you want cheap but cozy underwear, Fruit of the Loom Low Rise Briefs is more practical. The pack comes with 4, 5, & 6 panties that will complete your week. The Everlight Women Underwear will enhance your pear-shaped body because of its tight but soft fit.
The Fruit of the Loom Everlight is 78% nylon and 22% spandex with 100% cotton liner. The lightweight material provides a breathable fabric that will keep your privates fresh and odorless. The 4-way stretch is a terrific way of enjoying the privilege of having underwear that hugs the body no matter how you move.
- The superlight fabric is a relief on the skin.
- The crotch is well-covered with cotton fabric.
- The ultra-fine cloth is micro-mesh, which makes it lighter.
- The lighter feel is ideal for heavy or thin clothing.
- The waistband has a shimmer-striped illusion for a unique look.
- Not ideal for butt lifting.
- Machine washes with cold water and like colors.
- Not seamless underwear.
8. Hanes Women’s Cool Comfort Cotton Brief Panties
For more side wings and butt coverage, the Hanes Cool Comfort Cotton Brief Panties are preferable for pear-shaped women. This Hanes Cotton Panty Brief is 100% cotton, while the heathers & stripes are 75% cotton and 25% polyester.
The brief panties come in 6-pack with assorted colors (from dark to light hues); that will match skin tone or your outer clothing. The fabric is soft and breathable, while the sleek waistband is stretchable enough to prevent rolling even with heavy movement.
- It is pre-shrunk, so it will not shrink with multiple washing.
- The panties last longer than any other brands.
- The waistband will not pinch or bind after prolonged use.
- Also, best as nightwear during humid nights.
- The crotch has 2-ply cotton fabric to avoid itching.
- Keep you dry because of the moisture-wicking fabric.
- The panties have simple designs but with more functionality.
- Thicker leg seams, which may show panty lines.
- This lingerie line offers limited colors with a minimalist design.
What is A Pear-shaped Body For Women?
It is not surprising that a woman’s body is comparable to fruits that we eat every day. But that is the truth.
Human body experts believed that a pear-shaped woman has larger hips than the boobs and shoulders. Moreover, women with this body shape have a defined waist; and slimmer arms and shoulders.
Some of the most famous Hollywood celebrities who are pear-shaped include Rachel Bilson, Jennifer Lopez, and Kim Kardashian.
How Will You Know You Are Pear-Shaped?
A pear-shaped body is also known as the Triangle body type and has similar issues to the Hourglass body type (like both are round on the bottom).
A woman with pear shape body has hips at least 5% wider than her bust or shoulders. These women have lots of curves with a defined waist, which makes their underwear stay up.
However, they commonly have a small bust and top half. The legs are more likely full or muscular: while gaining weight is more visible on the hips, tummy, and thighs.
What To Look For In Underwear For Pear-shaped Women?
Once you know you got a pear-shaped body, looking for the best lingerie will be easy. The best underwear for pear body shape women minimizes the size of the hips and butt.
When looking for the right underwear for your body shape: look for comfort, support, and ease of use of the underwear. Comfortability and breathability should be the utmost concern while wearing the underwear most of the day (or night).
Also, one of the most important things to consider for your body shape is the leg openings.
The leg openings should be wide than ordinary lingerie: to accommodate your whole butt and prevent wedging, chafing, and with fewer bums flossing (such as panty briefs or the “Grannie’ panties). Once your buttocks are well-covered, so do your hips.
Wide leg openings also provide the best support, flexibility, and comfort. You can also look for high-cut briefs, which are more comfortable than low-rise cuts.
Read more: Top 7 Best Underwear for Men with Big Dicks
The Right Kind of Bra Styles for a Pear Body Shape
Well, since a pear-shaped woman has a narrow waist with a modest bust line, it is better to wear either push-up bras, balconette bras (or demi-cup bras), or padded bras. Pick the one where you are more comfortable.
Push up bras use angled cups containing pads that push the boobs inwards, then upwards towards the center of the chest. It provides the illusion of increased cleavage.
On the other hand, balconette bras are those with horizontal cup cut that lifts the breasts upward. In other words, this type of brassiere enhances the breast appearance, shape, and cleavage. Balconette bras also give you room to show off your curves.
The padded bras also enhance busty figure and cleavage. Padded bras, just like push-up bras, have shape-enhancing inserts or foam pads inside the lining of the bra cups. The thickened lining of the cup enables the bust to rise which shows the cleavage.
If you are already fuller or have a larger bust, look for a bra that supports more lift and coverage without showing a deeper cleavage or bursting boobs.
These bra styles are proven effective in boosting the chest size while making your hips look slim and sleek.
The Right Kind of Underwear Styles for a Pear-Shaped Body
If you are pear-shaped and do not know what lingerie (bra & panty or one-piece) to wear that will both fit your top and bottom, read this!
Shapewear or body shaping garments (6) is one of the best choices. However, most body slimming shapewear (such as the full bodysuit style) have a proportionate cut to minimize the size of your tummy, waist, hips, and bum.
If you are well-endowed on your butt but lacking in chest volume (pear-shape), the shapewear might be too tight on your buttocks or your waist. It is the same with other shapewear styles: such as capris or boyshorts, and those types that lift the butt.
The best alternative for pear-shaped women is to buy regular panty briefs or hipster briefs. This underwear will smoothen out your curves without enhancing the appearance of your buttocks. Moreover, high-cut briefs are recommendable because they slim out your bum, thighs, and legs to compensate for your sleek top half.
Choosing the Best Underwear for Pear-Shaped Body
So, what is the best underwear for pear body shape women? Just like what we have stated above: choose panty briefs that are high-cut and with legs that have wide openings.
Also, pick the best bras (we mean either the balconette, padded, or the push-up bra styles) to lift your upper half to compensate for your large bum. This way, you can have balanced appearance, which people could appreciate well, as much as you do.
For our top pick of the best lingerie for a pear-shaped body, we settle for the Jockey Women’s Underwear Elance Hipster. So, why not?!!
The Jockey Elance Hipster Briefs are high-waist and have full-rise coverage that will not enhance your butt but still make you sexier. Its 100% cotton fabric is a relief, especially during humid weather, while being more comfortable than other materials.
It is pricy compared to other lingerie: but the Jockey Elance Briefs stand out because of the diverse support on the body without enlarging the bottom. It is more cost-effective compare to the other brands since these briefs last longer.