Last Updated on November 18, 2023 by Sarah Keene
Weight gain for women usually happens as they get older (as men do). Lifestyle, hormonal changes due to menopause, and genetic factors are the leading causes of weight gain and body fats.
If everything fails, you need the best shapewear for back fat and tummy, to hide fats!
Most slimming gurus suggest that women should have at least two or three shaping garments on their closets, especially those who have no time to work out.
Top 3 Shapewear for Back Fat
|#1 – Editor’s Choice
||Nylon and Spandex|
||Nylon and Spandex|
||Nylon and Spandex|
5 Best Shapewear for Back Fat/Top Picks 2022 & Reviews
1. Maidenform Flexees Women Shapewear Romper
Rejoice, ladies! If you wonder what to wear to a party, so your friends and associates will not notice your bulging back, the Maidenform Flexees Shapewear is a good idea!
This romper is like a one-piece swimsuit that covers back fat and other bulging flesh in the waist. But unlike a swimsuit, Flexees Shapewear is worn with your bra. This romper is 80% nylon and 20% elastic; wearing it every day is such a comfort!
Maidenform Shapewear has hook and eye closures that make it more flexible to wear. Compared to other shapewear, the Maidenform Flexees has no binding legs that make wearing more comfortable.
- Complete and comfortable underwear.
- This romper fits well under blouses, denim, skirts, dresses, gowns, & pants.
- Works well in concealing muffin top & love handles.
- Stretchable and retains original shape when not worn.
- Smooth to the skin because of the nylon fabric.
- Going to the bathroom is not a problem as the hook & eye is easy to use.
- A swimsuit and a form-fitting in one.
- It hides the panty line properly.
- Better worn with a bra.
- Not advisable to wear with a tank top.
- Thicker & wide straps.
- For hand washing only.
2. Bali Women Shapewear Lace ‘N Smooth Body Briefer
Do you want a body-forming suit from the chest to the hips? The Bali WomenLace ‘N Smooth Body Briefer is a brilliant idea! You see, this Bali brand is not only a bodycon fashion; it is also a proven body slimmer.
This Body Briefer is a one-piece suit that stays in place and wears better than sectional body shapers. The fabric is smooth lace that is a soft lining around the busts, so you do not need to wear a bra.
The smooth and stretchable lace fabric lets your body breathe under another garment. The body shaper will not scratch your skin even if you have tight outerwear. The Bali Shapewear Lace ‘N Smooth is 72% nylon and 28% spandex.
- You do not need to wear a bra when using this briefer.
- Best under dresses, jeans, blouses, denim, skirts, etc.
- The bottom closure is a strap with a hook & eye for easy peeing.
- It trims down your tummy and back fat effectively.
- It uses a hook & eye closure for quick wearing.
- Wearing a bra is optional.
- The briefer has an adjustable strap to fit the size.
- Hides panty lines, unlike any other brand.
- For hand washing only.
- Cups do not have pads.
3. Supplim Women Body Shaper Waist Cincher Underbust Corset Bodysuit Shapewear
The Supplim Shapewear is probably one of the most popular body-shaping lingerie among women. If you want to wear this back fat hider while you fall between two sizes, we advise you not to size down to have the perfect fit.
Moreover, the Supplin Body Shaper Waist Cincher is a corset that covers you from the chest to the upper knee. The hook & eye closures make it easier to visit the restroom frequently. The open-bust Supplin Bodysuit Shapewear lets you combine the bodysuit with your preferred brassiere.
This underbust corset is also a waist cincher that slim your abs, waist, and back. This undergarment even looks better when you pair it with denim or jeans. Furthermore, unlike a tank top or a romper, the Supplin Bodysuit Shapewear slims out the whole body.
- The corset is 62.4% nylon and 37.6% spandex.
- It has an adjustable strap for flexibility.
- For ease of mobility, the corset has a breathable shell.
- Trims with lace for a more feminine look.
- It has an open-crotch design to make a visit to bathrooms easier.
- It has three adjustable buckles that easy to use and do not slip.
- The corset might be uncomfortable for a long-wearing period.
- It only has two colors to choose from (Black & Nude).
- It needs to pair with a bra and panty.
4. Maidenform Flexees Women Shapewear Comfort Devotion Cami
If it is okay for you to wear a simple camisole as shapewear: the Maidenform Flexees Comfort Devotion Cami is the right one for you. This camisole is 74% polyamide and 26% elastic. This slim cami helps you hide unwanted back fat and bulging tummy because of its 2-ply construction.
The Comfort Devotion Cami from Maidenform comes in three colors (White, Black, and Latte Lift) that will match your lifestyle. The bust section is a one-ply construction that makes the camisole gentler to your boobs. But you are free to wear a bra underneath the cami.
Do not be embarrassed if this undergarment shows off; it is to be seen or overlaid. This layering underwear does not only reshape your body; it sculpts fat and trims your figure.
- The camisole specializes in tummy control.
- Sewn and built to smoothen back while wearing an outer garment.
- You can wear it stand-alone or matches with a blouse or skirt.
- Go on and pair this lingerie with pants, jeans, or denim.
- More flexible on the chest.
- It is wearable under sheer or low-neck tops.
- You can pick among the three colors available.
- Other colors are costlier than a corset.
- For hand washing only.
5. Maidenform Flexees Women Shapewear Long-Length Tank-Top
Are you comfortable wearing a camisole type shapewear? Then, the Maidenform Flexees Long-Length Tank might interest you. This shapewear will enhance your body curve without jeopardizing comfort.
This undergarment proves being chubby also shows sexiness when properly worn. The garment is 87% nylon and 13% elastane with a scoop-neck tank top. The spaghetti straps keep the shapewear in place.
The garment fits true to size, so ladies do not need to order one size up. The elastic will conform to your body shape while hiding back fat and tummy bulges. As its name suggests, the tank-top is long enough to go below your hips.
- The long-length tank comes in four colors (Black, Latte Lift, White, & Excalibur).
- Light and very comfortable to the skin.
- Some women used this undergarment as outerwear.
- Hand washing prolongs the life of the garment twice than ordinary shapewear.
- It offers moderate to excellent compression in the midsection.
- The tank-top can go with dresses, gowns, jeans, skirts, etc.
- Also, it hides loose skin after giving birth.
- The cloth is thin enough to camouflage a layered look.
- For handwashing only, do not machine wash.
- No built-in bra. Wearing a bra is a personal choice.
What to Look Out For When Choosing the Best Shapewear for Back Fat
1. Look for the right size & cut.
When you buy shapewear that is too large for you, it defeats the purpose. On the other hand, if you choose the one that is too small, the fat will bulge, and it is very uncomfortable.
Also, breathing may be tight that may lead to numbness, tingling, and other health issues. So the best thing to do is pick the one that corresponds to your actual size and lifestyle.
2. Buy two different shapewear.
Buying more than one shapewear is advisable. It is for those who want to keep slim any time of the day or on any occasion. However, if you cannot afford it, look for the one that is sure to hide back fat.
3. Consider how severe your back fat is.
If you worry more about your back fat, you can feel how thick it is by touching the bulges in your back. If you think the back fat is too thick, go for a bodysuit or shaping shorts.
However, if the fat is light, you might opt for a tank top or camisole shapewear. Always consider where you are more comfortable.
4. Look for shapewear that is not too tight.
Some women have uneven fat at the back and other parts of the body. Since shapewear is elastic, picking too tight might cause irritation or blood flow constriction, especially with prolonged use.
5. Look for the right price, color, & quality.
The price of the shapewear is your last resort, do not sacrifice quality. But not all shapewear is created equal. Some may cost higher than the other but have inferior quality and vice versa. Look for the one that serves the purpose and your preference.
Moreover, look for shapewear that is close to your skin tone. Since most shapewear is layered, it is not too embarrassing if the lingerie shows off.
Types of Shapewear
There are lots of body shapers the lingerie industry has to offer. But we will mention just three of the most sought-after shapewear lines here:
Note: The list is random and not necessarily in this order.
1. Shaping Bodysuit
The bodysuit covers the chest down the butt (a romper or a body briefer). Or just above the knee (a corset). This lingerie has higher coverage at the back. It also eliminates the bump in-between the bottom of the boobs and the top of the waist.
The bodysuit is one of the best shapewear for back fat.
2. Slimming Camisole
Slimming camisoles are the favorite of Generation Z and the majority of Millennials. This body shaper is one of the best shapewear for the tummy and waist. If you are not comfortable with a bodysuit, the camisole is a better idea!
The camisole can be worn solo or layered. The cami has fit flexibility at the bust line.
3. Slimming Tank-top
For everyday use, the slimming tank top is what we suggest. The tank-top maybe paired both with formal & casual wear. The tank top is a sleeveless & collarless upper garment that has spaghetti straps.
A tank top is effective in tummy and back fat firm control. Just like a camisole, a tank top can be worn solo or layered.
Optimum Buying Guide for The Best Women Shapewear
1. Choose the part of the body you want to trim.
From the three types of body shapewear above, you should know what part of the body you want the fat to ‘disappear’ or at least to look slim.
But since most ladies want to hide back fat, the entire above types are recommended; the only thing to consider is your budget.
2. Look for the right material where you are comfy.
The shapewear material blends with elastic fiber (such as Spandex, Lycra, or elastane) to make the lingerie flexible.
The elastic is synthetic, which has unique elasticity, lightweight, and smooth to the skin: but strong enough to firm fat.
3. Look for the right type of shapewear.
Since we advised you to have at least two or three shapewear in your drawer, you can choose from our selected types of body-forming lingerie.
Your pick should correspond to your lifestyle and the occasion on where to use that shapewear.
4. Stick to your size.
Shapewear is elastic; it is stretchable to firm fat and bulges and keeps you looking slimmer. However, getting the right size for you might be tricky. Manufacturers say that shapewear fits true to the size, so ladies, do not order one size up.
Here is the standard size of shapewear corresponding to your body part measurements (3), in centimeters.
|M (cm)||L (cm)||XL (cm)||XXL (cm)|
|69 – 78.5||
79 – 88.5
89.5 – 98.5
99 – 108.5
94 – 102
104 – 113
114 – 120
120 – 127
How To Know Your Right Size & Fit
Finding your true measurement is not difficult at all! First, using a cloth tape measure, find your high-waist, low-waist, and hip measurement.
In finding your high-waist, hold the tape three points above the waist where it goes in when you make bends sideways. Secondly, to measure your low-waist put the measuring tape 12cm below the waist.
Finally, to measure your hips, hold the tape 22cm below the waistline or on the spot where your hips are wide.
When selecting shapewear, pick the lingerie from the size chart singling out your problem area. To illustrate: if you have a small waist, but you have wider hips compares to your boobs or shoulders, go for the shapewear that corresponds to your hips.
On the other hand, if you have a larger tummy than your hips, it is advisable to pick the high-waist shaper.
1. What is the best shapewear for back fat?
You either use a corset, a body swimsuit, a tank top, or a romper. All of this shapewear can minimize the appearance of back fat. You only have to decide depending on your budget and the occasion where to use it.
2. How can I hide my back fat?
It seems that all outer garments can hide your back fat, but it is not enough when fat silhouettes through your dress. The best thing to do is layered your outer garments with elastic shapewear that stretch the fat while wearing it.
3. What is the best shapewear on the market?
Our lists of the five best shapewear above come from authentic testimonies from users, reviewers, and ladies who have tried and tested the garments.
4. What is the best shapewear for tummy control?
Both the slimming camisole and the shaping tank top are some of the best shapewear for tummy control. However, other women prefer panty girdles, shaping shorts, and shaping briefs (or thongs).
It is usual for women to gain weight as they get older. But with the new generation of today, age does not seem to matter.
We have tried all the shapewear reviewed above and found out that the Maidenform Flexees Women Shapewear Romper is a smart choice.
The lingerie 72% Nylon and 28% Spandex are the right blends for more comfortable wear. We are buying two of these and one piece of the simple tank top (Maidenform Flexees) for light occasions.
But most of all, the best thing to do is limit your calorie intake, have regular exercise, and take the proper diet, to minimize body fat. The natural way to curve those fats and bulges are still the best options!