Last Updated on January 22, 2023 by Sarah Keene
Nobody likes to wear heavy underwear, that too for all day long. But certain conditions require us to take specific measures for better results. The same goes for wearing postpartum underwear.
After giving gives birth, every woman faces lochia, which is the name for this condition. And during this time, she bleeds a lot. If you are in a postpartum need, consider using one of the best postpartum underwear for moms.
- 3 Best Underwear For Postpartum
- 10 Best Underwear For Postpartum – Reviews 2022
- 1. FridaBaby Frida Mom Disposal Postpartum Underwear – (Best Postpartum Underwear for Back Support)
- 2. Wirarpa Women’s High Waisted Cotton Underwear Ladies Soft Full Brief Panties Multipack – (Best High Waist Postpartum Underwear)
- 3.Always Discreet Incontinence & Postpartum Incontinence Underwear for Women – (Best Disposable Postpartum Underwear)
- 4. Annenmy Women’s High Waist Cotton Underwear Soft Brief Panties Regular And Plus Size – (Best Postpartum Underwear for Daily Use)
- 5. Solimo Incontinence and Postpartum Underwear for Women – (Best Postpartum Underwear with Maximum Absorbency)
- 6. UMMISS Women’s underwear – (Best Brief Postpartum Underwear)
- 7. Intimate Portal Women Under the Bump Maternity Panties Pregnancy Postpartum Underwear. (Best Short Postpartum Underwear)
- 8. INNERSY Women’s High Waisted Underwear Cotton Panties. (Best Cotton Postpartum Underwear)
- 9. Hanes Women’s Microfiber Brief Multipack. (Best Postpartum Underwear with Microfiber)
- 10. UpSpring Baby C-Panty C-section Support, Recovery & Slimming High Waist Panty – (Best Full Postpartum Underwear)
- What Is The Best Postpartum Underwear?
- Why You’ll Need Postpartum Underwear?
- What To Consider When Buying Postpartum Underwear?
- Types Of Postpartum Underwear To Choose From?
3 Best Underwear For Postpartum
|#1 – Editor’s Choice
10 Best Underwear For Postpartum – Reviews 2022
1. FridaBaby Frida Mom Disposal Postpartum Underwear – (Best Postpartum Underwear for Back Support)
FridaBaby provides its customers with a great product that will give several benefits. This is one of the best postpartum underwear for women. This will help you with heavy and messy periods. It will support your pads from getting moved during the period. The fabric of the underwear is so soft, which will give all-day comfort. It also comes with stretchable and breathable material.
Postpartum panties are essential for the after-pregnancy periods to women. You have to dispose of the panties after one use. The fabric of the underwear feels like cotton to your skin. These panties are also available in the C-section high waist underwear. You can also use these underwear as after-birth panties.
Underwear for postpartum has to have comfortable fabric. This underwear will hold your pad layers which will protect the heavy leakage. You will get two sizes of this underwear which you can look at in the size chart for the best fitting.
- Best for the postpartum surgery.
- The material will give you great comfort and support to your pad.
- After the use, you just have to dispose of it.
- The material is weak, and it will rip off when you are getting in or out.
- Unscented panties.
2. Wirarpa Women’s High Waisted Cotton Underwear Ladies Soft Full Brief Panties Multipack – (Best High Waist Postpartum Underwear)
The wirarpa company specially focused on the quality of the product and the comfort of women. They will also make sure that this underwear will last longer and fit you properly. These panties are excellent among all postpartum underwear. The fabric of the lingerie is smooth and comfortable. This makes sure that you will have a great time regularly.
Postpartum panties consist of a double-layered waistband of 2cm. This helps you in hiding your loose skin after the birth of the child. This waistband is stretchable, which will fit you great with comfort. The high waist will support your tummy, but you can get into it quickly. This underwear is best for women who have postpartum C-section recovery. After the birth of the child, you can use this to support your belly area.
These panties also have a wide double-layer crotch which is enough space for pads. This is one of the best underwear for postpartum, and it is trendy among women.
- 95% cotton material which is stretchable and breathable.
- Great for losing skin after pregnancy.
- You can use it regularly.
- These panties will not support your tummy 100%, but they will make your tummy in smooth shape.
- There is no elastic is premier in the leg area.
3.Always Discreet Incontinence & Postpartum Incontinence Underwear for Women – (Best Disposable Postpartum Underwear)
Always Discreet Incontinence and postpartum incontinence underwear help you with messy periods. This underwear works excellent and will protect you from leakage. You can wear this underwear all day and night. This underwear is made up of cotton, which will provide you with great comfort. It also contains a soft fabric waistband which will make this underwear easy to wear. It is disposable underwear providing you with an option to use and throw.
This underwear contains a rapid core. This helps you in locking the leakage and the odors in the best way possible. It will cover you from back and front. This underwear has double-layered leak guards, which will protect you from heavy leakage. This underwear also has an odor lock technology making it a great product.
The panties’ absorbency is excellent, and you will get every size panty according to your comfort.
- Great for heavy and messy periods.
- Available in each size for women.
- Great for using after C-section recovery.
- The sizing of the underwear is different from regular.
- Cheap manufacturing material.
4. Annenmy Women’s High Waist Cotton Underwear Soft Brief Panties Regular And Plus Size – (Best Postpartum Underwear for Daily Use)
This underwear is one of the popular underwear for postpartum among women. You will get various benefits, and you can use them regularly. You can also wash these panties in the machine. The fabric comes with a combination of elastane and cotton.
This underwear acts as the best postpartum underwear. It has a high waistband that will support your tummy to loose skin after a child’s birth. You will also get various sizes of this underwear. They will also provide you with plus-size underwear. This underwear is made up of cotton, which will give you great comfort, and it is also healthy.
Because of the waistband, you will look slimmer and beautiful. You will also get a double-layered crotch. This protects you from the extra leakage and will also absorb some liquid. It’s also easy to wear and get into these postpartum panties. You also get various colors to choose from.
- Searchable and breathable material.
- Extra leakage protection.
- Great for supporting loose skin after pregnancy.
- It has seams.
- The material of the underwear is not 100% cotton.
5. Solimo Incontinence and Postpartum Underwear for Women – (Best Postpartum Underwear with Maximum Absorbency)
This is one of the great products of Solimo which helps you protect yourself from heavy leakage all day. This will also control temperature and moisture. It will come you feel fresh, and it will also lock odor for a great time.
The underwear comes in a pack of 20. It offers good absorbency, and you can wear it all day long. This is one of the best underwear for postpartum. It helps you lock lousy odor and is made with decent designs. It also contains Dry-fit technology, which will control the temperature and moisture. It will help to keep your skin dry, providing you with freshness.
The material used in these postpartum panties is cotton making them soft and smooth against your skin. Solimo also comes in a variety of sizes and multiple color options. Choosing an appropriate size is very simple; you can select as per the size chart available.
- Best after C-section recovery.
- Protect you from leakage and odor.
- Easy to get in and out of the panties.
- Makes noise because of the outside paper material.
- Leg openings are uncomfortable because of the tight elastic.
6. UMMISS Women’s underwear – (Best Brief Postpartum Underwear)
This UMMISS Women’s underwear provides you with a high-quality and comfortable experience. The material of the lingerie is soft and stretchable. It is made out of high-quality material, making it perfect for regular usage. If you are looking for postpartum underwear, then this product offers excellent comfort.
It’s easy to wear because of the stretchable material. You can also use these postpartum panties to solve many problems. It helps controlling loose hips, weight problems, etc. It is perfect to use as after-birth underwear. It provides good tummy support and is also not too tight.
The material you get helps you show the good curves of your body. It also has a double-layered waistband for supporting your belly area. After C-section recovery, this underwear for postpartum is a popular choice among women.
- Double layer crotch will give you protection from extra leakage.
- It also absorbs moisture.
- Available in various sizes and colors.
- The manufacturing material is not 100% cotton.
- Only help with incontinence.
7. Intimate Portal Women Under the Bump Maternity Panties Pregnancy Postpartum Underwear. (Best Short Postpartum Underwear)
The intimate portal women’s underwear comes with a comfortable design. It also helps in providing relaxation to women during their pregnancy periods. The material of this underwear is soft and cottony. This Postpartum Underwear is low from the front side and is higher on the back. These underwear are secure and free of any chemical touch. You can ignore the irritability of the C-section, making it negligible.
It also consists of a thin lining of the crotch from the inside made of fabric, and that too up to 100% for sure. The hip measurements are flexible. It comes in fine fir and does not cause any problem related to size fittings. This is the perfect underwear for postpartum that can also absorb bladder leaks.
In all ways, it is perfect Postpartum Panties that women like. It is good to wear during their sensitive pregnancy periods.
- Best underwear for after-birth weight loss.
- Flexible folding design for easy ups and downs.
- It may seem to be a little uncomfortable during pregnancy.
- Bothers women because of its hot material.
8. INNERSY Women’s High Waisted Underwear Cotton Panties. (Best Cotton Postpartum Underwear)
The INNERSY panties come with total coverage of 0.7-0.8 inches. It is suitable for those who want their tummies to be intact throughout their events. These Postpartum Panties come with decent elasticity.
Also, this Postpartum Underwear does not highlight C-section scars. These panties don’t pinch while you are sitting. This is also an excellent reason why it is one of the best after-birth underwear. The primary purpose of this underwear for postpartum is to provide a comfortable fit on the hips. You will also not face any issues like rolling up or down while walking, sitting, or sleeping.
You can decrease the appearance of the muffin top to a considerable extent by using this product.
- Covers the belly button very perfectly and comfortably.
- It provides fantastic tummy support and looks low from the outside.
- Complete coverage on high-waisted jeans and dresses.
- I may feel a bit sluggish at times.
- May shrunk after a single wash and give size discomfort to women.
9. Hanes Women’s Microfiber Brief Multipack. (Best Postpartum Underwear with Microfiber)
The Hanes Women’s Microfiber Brief Multipack comes in a pack of 6. You get comfortable and relaxing panties that can help you make it through that period. The material of this underwear is 92% polyester and 2% spandex. With the help of this Postpartum Underwear, moisture-absorbing comfort is provided to women.
These Postpartum Panties come in assorted patterns and colors. This provides comfort while having a bikini look. It works perfectly with your light-colored and transparent dresses. These panties are also tag-less, which eventually gives you the flexibility to move. It provides you with the comfort of moving in any way you want, getting rolled off on any side.
The fabric of these panties is smooth that you don’t even feel its presence. This underwear for postpartum also comes with an elastic. It will also not stick to the skin and leaves no marks.
- Utmost comfort with the soft and relaxing fabrics.
- It is benefiting women to a great extent during pregnancy and after birth.
- The hipsters get organized in a very delicate and proper manner with the help of these panties.
- Elastic is very delicate at times.
10. UpSpring Baby C-Panty C-section Support, Recovery & Slimming High Waist Panty – (Best Full Postpartum Underwear)
This is one of the best postpartum underwear made for c-section recovery women. The company mainly focused on the needs of women and manufactured this for their support. It will help you to recover quickly from your surgery. There are many benefits that you can get when you try these postpartum panties by UpSpring.
After birth, panties should be comfortable and easy to wear regularly. These underwear will help you to maintain your body shape and do your daily work with great comfort. It will also support your belly area and loose skin to get back in their shape. You can also go to work in these panties.
This underwear for postpartum is one of the great choices among women. The silicone material will not give you any redness to the skin or itchiness. It also has a high waistline from the bra line to the hip. You can wash this underwear in the washing machine.
- You can wear these panties for 12-23 hours per day.
- Available in various sizes and colors.
- It has a bikini waist design.
- Fabric rolls down after wearing it.
- It leaves redness on the skin.
What Is The Best Postpartum Underwear?
There are many options available to choose from. The choice is upon the wearer and the convenience she wants. If you are looking for the best postpartum underwear, just keep reading this article. Here, you will find a list of some of the best underwear perfect for postpartum conditions.
Why You’ll Need Postpartum Underwear?
Lochia lasts for around 6 weeks, and it’s always a pain to change panties now and then. This is why using this; you can easily apply sanitary pads and save yourself a lot of hassle. The underwear is designed to fit postpartum pads, which are larger. Women who undergo cesarean section are not allowed to wear bikini briefs as it hits low. So, the only option left for them is postpartum underwear.
What To Consider When Buying Postpartum Underwear?
Few factors must be kept in mind while purchasing postpartum underwear. Some of which are:
Postpartum body requires a bigger size than an average. Using underwear that is too tight after having your C section is painful and avoidable.
The body undergoes hormonal changes after delivery. It leads to serious perspiration issues. To deal with it, Cotton fabric and microfiber are most preferable. Some are even made with light compression material that absorbs more sweat. This, in turn, reduces the risk of infections and irritation.
3. Bells and whistles
Many underwears come with an extra layer of silicon panel. This helps in soothing C-section scars. It also comes with a pocket to hold an ice pack. You can use it to calm your scar, and it also helps in faster recovery.
Optimum compression is also an essential factor to look for. The compression should ideally be between 15 to 20 mmHg. You can choose any number that suits your comfort.
Always look for a brief which is best at absorbing your trickling water. Colton is the ideal best among all its counterparts. Some briefs come with multiple overleaf layers. These then suck the moisture away present on the layer of your skin. However, if your briefs make you feel sticky or moist, then that’s a sign of warning. It would help if you considered switching to a different piece.
Types Of Postpartum Underwear To Choose From?
In case you are wondering what type of underwear you can choose from. Here is a list that will also clear all your doubts regarding which to use and when.
1. Tummy control underwear
These garments are perfect if you want to lift the cesarean part of your tummy. You can lift along with any of your favorite dresses, popularly may be high waist silhouettes. Simultaneously, it’s very comfortable and doesn’t provide any compression on the C section part of the tummy.
2. Waist wraps and bands
Waist Wraps are perfect for women who have a thousand chores to accomplish in a day. You may even club it with any other shapewear like shorts or a bodysuit. You can slip into skirts with this wear underneath.
3. Shaping briefs and shorts.
Shaping briefs are perfect to wear underneath a fitting dress. If you want to add extra style to your personality, you may make the lacy part of the shorts visible by wearing the mini skirt over it or the silhouettes.
4. Shaping tank top or bodysuit
Those who want extra control all over their torso can opt for shaping tank tops, also called bodysuits. Just keep in mind that comfort also vital with style. This makes sure the operated part is not obstructed along with support to your body.
1. What is the best underwear for postpartum?
All the products mentioned above have equal qualities. You can choose any of the products depending on your requirements.
2. Why do you have to wear mesh underwear after giving birth?
This underwear acts as a sling to the pad you have to wear continuously. Although it is a personal choice, wearing this will provide you with extra support.
3. How long do you wear postpartum underwear?
Wearing postpartum underwear is a must for women in such conditions. It takes around 10 weeks in total to recover from this. However, it is essential to wear it for at least 2 weeks due to heavy bleeding.
4. How many postpartum underwear do I need?
In case you are using a disposable panty, you should have at least 4-5 of them at your disposal. If you are using the re-usable once, you should at least have a similar number in total. So that you can change them cyclically.
5. Can you use incontinence underwear for postpartum?
Yes, wearing incontinence underwear is perfect for postpartum conditions. Infect these are specially designed for these conditions.
So, that was it, and these were some of the best underwear for Postpartum conditions. You can try all of these products on our list. In case you want to buy the best lingerie for Postpartum. You can consider purchasing the FridaBaby Frida Mom Disposable Postpartum Underwear. It provides you with decent postpartum control.