Last Updated on August 21, 2022 by Sarah Keene
It’s absolutely natural to have a muffin top, to begin with. But what’s not so common is finding the best jeans for muffin top that fit around the tummy region all that well. So it’s only reasonable to get confused and even annoyed when jeans shopping. The outcome of which is settling for a pair that meets most of the criteria. But how about one that meets all?
Yes, that’s right! In this article, you’re going to get acquainted with plenty of jeans that give your muffin top all the tummy control it demands. At the same time, the jeans also feel stretchy, comfortable, and breathable. But it’s the bulge shaping and slimming factor that matters the most here. That said, let’s get to know them all below!
- Top 3 Best Jeans for Muffin Top
- 11 Best Tummy Control Jeans Perfect for A Muffin Top
- 1. Signature by Levi Strauss & Co. Golf Label Pull-On Skinny Jeans
- 2. KUT from the Kloth Women’s Catherine Boyfriend Jean
- 3. Signature by Levi Strauss & Co. Golf Label Modern Skinny Jean
- 4. Levi’s Women’s 529 Curvy Bootcut Jean
- 5. Levi’s Women’s Slimming Skinny Jeans
- 6. Silver Jeans Co. Women’s Suki Curvy Fit Baby Bootcut Jean
- 7. Vibrant Women’s Juniors Classic High Waist Denim Skinny Jeans
- 8. Jag Jeans Women’s Petite Paley Pull On Bootcut Jean
- 9. Lee Women’s Plus Size Relaxed Fit Straight Leg Jean
- 10. Riders by Lee Indigo Women’s Relaxed Fit Straight Leg Jean
- 11. Dickies Women’s Relaxed Straight Leg Jean
- What Causes Muffin Top In Jeans?
- What Type of Jeans to Wear If You Have A Muffin Top?
- How to Fix Muffin Top In Jeans?
Top 3 Best Jeans for Muffin Top
|#1 – Editor’s Choice
Cotton, Polyester, Elastane
Cotton, Polyester, Elastane
Cotton, Polyester, Elastane
11 Best Tummy Control Jeans Perfect for A Muffin Top
1. Signature by Levi Strauss & Co. Golf Label Pull-On Skinny Jeans
The super-stretchy part of these Levi Strauss & Co. Pull-On Skinny Jeans is ideal for women who carry most of their extra weight in the tummy region. And you don’t even have to order one size up for the perfect fit, which means not having to deal with pants that refuse to stay up.
With no front zipper and buttons, you don’t get that added bulk in the front. The elastic waistband stays put and doesn’t feel too tight either. Plus, it’s got a tummy-shaping panel that’s almost impossible to find in traditional denims.
- Mid-rise pull-on jeans with a super-stretchy fit
- The waistband offers a tummy-slimming effect
- A worn-in, vintage look
- Body-contouring shape through hips and thighs
2. KUT from the Kloth Women’s Catherine Boyfriend Jean
If you’ve not heard of this brand before, then be ready to fall in love with it right now. Especially if your body is getting older and going through physical changes. These boyfriend jeans don’t look like mom jeans, that’s for sure. What’s also certain is that the pair is well worth the price.
The relaxed fit, mid-rise front, high-rise back, plenty of side coverage, etc. are all constructed to contour to the natural curves of your body. On top of that, the denims offer just the right kind of stretch your broader waist, hips, and thighs demand with exceptional recovery.
- Mid-rise front to hide muffin top
- High-rise back to hide butt cleavage
- Stretchy fit that retains its original shape
3. Signature by Levi Strauss & Co. Golf Label Modern Skinny Jean
Now here’s the classic version of the pull-on skinny jeans reviewed before this. But that doesn’t mean the fit is compromised in any way. On the contrary, these modern skinny jeans by Levi Strauss & Co. eliminate the possibility of displaying or even creating a muffin top. All thanks to the mid-rise waist that’s high enough.
Plus, the fabric is plenty stretchy to accommodate all of your curves and edges. These are actually slimming leg jeans that provide the perfect fit and dynamic comfort you expect from casualwear.
- Super-stretch mid-rise skinny jeans
- Lightweight, soft fabric adds comfort
- Skinny body shaping through hips and thighs
4. Levi’s Women’s 529 Curvy Bootcut Jean
Fed up with wearing low-rise jeans that give rise to or highlight your muffin top? If yes, then turn your attention to this curvy bootcut style. You can get a bigger size if you’re in the process of losing weight. And once that happens, get your actual size without thinking twice.
These jeans are often preferred by moms who have had more than one C-section deliveries. That means there’s no flatness anywhere in the midsection. So if you’re one of them, then you’re bound to keep coming back to these for the perfect amount of stretch they offer around your most troublesome areas.
- Mid-stretch bootcut jeans for a slimming effect
- Contoured to your shape with no gapping
- The waist is high enough to tuck in muffin top
5. Levi’s Women’s Slimming Skinny Jeans
Are these designed for shaping, smoothing, and slimming your figure? I don’t see why not! And it’s all because of the body shape-enhancing fit with the skinny leg construction. These jeans know very well how to hug those natural curves without feeling super-tight. That means no visible muffin top!
The slightly high mid-rise waist also contributes greatly to banishing the muffin top appearance. Even women above 40 years of age have found these to be extremely comfortable despite the skinny fit. No doubt, it’s the mid-rise waist that performs most of the task of hiding your belly rolls or muffin top.
- Slimming effect along the tummy, hips, thighs, and legs
- Mid-rise waist hides and shapes muffin top
- Very stretchy, figure-flattering fit
6. Silver Jeans Co. Women’s Suki Curvy Fit Baby Bootcut Jean
These could be your dream jeans if it’s a priority to hide muffin top. The Suki Curvy Fit Baby Bootcut Jeans feature a high-rise waist to flatter your natural curves. The curvy fit, no doubt, feels comfortable. And it gives you a relaxed shape along your hips and thighs.
Made of classic stretch denim, you don’t have to worry about the fit, even when you bend over. It’s rare to come across genuinely curvy jeans. So if you can relate, then don’t miss out on this one!
- Classic stretch jeans perfect for curvy women
- High-rise waist takes care of muffin top and tummy shaping
- Contoured fit around hips and buttocks
- Universally flattering bootcut legs
7. Vibrant Women’s Juniors Classic High Waist Denim Skinny Jeans
Vibrant is a brand that has become quite popular because they design very, very comfortable and very, very stretchy jeans. Including this high-waist skinny pair that fits perfectly even if you have a midsection bulge. Fortunately, you don’t have to worry about the high-waist digging into your belly fat. That’s something you get from low-rise and sometimes even mid-rise waistlines.
Super-stretchy and incredibly forgiving would be the best way to describe the fit of these classic jeans. And one other thing – they fit like comfortably, snug jeggings but look like jeans.
- Truly high-waisted for no muffin top
- Super-stretchy and very comfortable
- Sizing is accurate, thus ideal for curvy women
- Thickness is perfect for all types of weather
8. Jag Jeans Women’s Petite Paley Pull On Bootcut Jean
Firstly, let me point out that darker colored jeans create the perfect slimming shape. Secondly, pull-on jeans are great for women with a tummy bulge. Such a construction features an elastic waistband and tummy-shaping panels. And these Jag jeans have both, the darker color and pull-on waistband.
What about hiding your muffin top? Worry not because the slimming shape of the bootcut style takes care of that quite well.
- Wide pull-on waistband for a flatter tummy shape
- High-waist keeps your bulge concealed
- Classic 5-pocket construction
- Enough spandex stretch for a comfortable fit
9. Lee Women’s Plus Size Relaxed Fit Straight Leg Jean
Women across the globe love the brand Lee merely because they design jeans the best jeans to hide muffin top. That is jeans to shape the midsection and lower half of the body, even in the case of plus sizes. The larger sizes, in particular, demand extra attention. And that’s exactly what you get with these Relaxed Fit Straight Leg Jeans.
The fit around the waist is so relaxed that the pair doesn’t cut into your tummy bulge when sitting. No muffin top, whether sitting or standing, is guaranteed no matter how short or petite you are. And this very factor is quite uncommon to come by when buying jeans online.
- Comfortable, classic jeans for extra room
- Sturdy seams and deep pockets
- Perfect for larger hips and thighs i.e. plus sizes
10. Riders by Lee Indigo Women’s Relaxed Fit Straight Leg Jean
You’re compelled to believe that these straight-leg jeans are designed by a curvy woman who understands the daily struggles associated with a muffin top. That’s how comfortable the pair really is. The best part about it is the lower waistline, which feels like the most comfortable thing in case of belly fat.
The lighter weight and more stretch are also factors that matter when you wear jeans on a daily basis. While it’s true that the color fades over time, but since when did the faded wash start to look bad!
- Lightweight, super-stretchy straight leg jeans
- A relaxed, comfortable fit around the waist
- Perfect for women who don’t like skinny jeans
- Plain back pockets balance out broader hips
11. Dickies Women’s Relaxed Straight Leg Jean
So far, most of my reviews are of straight-leg jeans. And why do you think that is? It’s simply because the straight fit looks very flattering on a curvy figure. It creates a lean, long line down your body, thus slimming your shape and not squashing the thighs and legs. Sounds like a perfect deal for plus size women, does it not?
Mid-rise waist, flattering relaxed fit, stretch denim, contoured waistband, no-gapping back waist, and signature stitch detailing. All these are features you’re most likely to appreciate. Whether or not you have a muffin top!
- Mid-rise jeans to hug your natural curves
- Contoured, no-gapping waistband
- High-quality, durable material and construction
- Classy look between too lose mom jeans and too tight skinny jeans
What Causes Muffin Top In Jeans?
Let me make it very clear that too tight-fitting jeans cause spillage, no doubt. But it’s not so much the overall fit of the jeans than its tight waistband and the positioning of this waistband that causes a muffin top.
This means choosing the size of your jeans based on your waistline, and not the rest of the lower half. And it also implies that the rise of the waist matters. In that light, low-rise jeans are the worst when it comes to creating or accentuating your muffin top.
What Type of Jeans to Wear If You Have A Muffin Top?
Make sure the pair you select meets the following guidelines.
Mid-Rise or High-Rise Jeans
It goes without saying that a low-waist pair of jeans offers no control or shaping over your tummy rolls and bulges. On the contrary, low waistlines highlight them even more. So it’s best to choose mid-rise or high-rise jeans for more tummy shaping and control.
What Cut Is the Best for Muffin Top?
There are just so many options to choose from. The most common ones are cropped, skinny, straight, boyfriend, and bootcut. So which one looks the most flattering when it comes to hiding the muffin top?
- For a combination of bigger thighs and shorter legs, boyfriend cut jeans look very appealing.
- Skinny and straight-leg jeans are highly popular among pear-shaped women. Even the apple body type looks more proportionate with these styles. And that explains why most of the top choices for apple-shaped women are either skinny or straight..
- As for bootcut legs, these look incredibly flattering on women with broader hips. Even a skinny cut looks good on this body type, but with a mid-rise or high-rise waist.
- What if your body shape is hourglass? Then please stay away from the wide-leg or bootcut style as this tends to exaggerate curves. Instead, opt for straight-leg jeans with a mid-rise waist.
This particular feature is only a part of pull-on jeans, which provide the perfect fit and shape around your tummy region. Traditional jeans have a zipper and front buttons that add extra bulge. But you can eliminate this simply by choosing pull-on jeans. That, more often than not, are designed with tummy shaping panels and a wider, higher waistband to prevent muffin top.
How to Fix Muffin Top In Jeans?
Here’s the uncomplicated way of fixing that unwanted tummy bulge ruining the appearance of your everyday outfits.
Wear High-Waist Jeans
The high-rise waistline, as I’ve already discussed multiple times in the article already, tucks in any wanted stomach bulges and rolls. Plus, a higher waist also creates a flattering body shape, which seems like the best thing if you’re a curvy woman.
Make Sure the Waistline Is Stretchy
Who says that classic jeans don’t offer enough give in the waist? As long as the material blend consists of spandex, you can expect a sufficient amount of stretch in the waistline.
Then there are pull-on jeans with a completely elastic waistband for tummy fat control.
Wear Longer Tops with Low-Waist Jeans
Let’s say you’re so fond of the low-rise waist that you cannot give it up even if causes your tummy to bulge. What to do in that case? Pair your low-waist jeans with longer tops. When the length is shorter, more attention automatically goes straight to the hips.
Wear a Muffin Top Underwear or Shapewear
So you already love the jeans you have and would like a solution to prevent muffin top when wearing them? I’m happy to tell you have you can simply buy a Muffin Top Underwear or a Shapewear for Muffin Top. They will help with your figure and hide your muffin top and even your love handles, if you have them.
It doesn’t really matter what your body shape is. Meaning there’s nothing to be concerned about even if you belong to the plus-size, pear-shaped, petite, or full-figured category. What matters is the kind of clothing you choose to balance out your curvy figure to find the Best Jeans for Muffin Top.
As long as you know and understand the basics of how the waist and cut of jeans work, you can use them to your advantage. Don’t think of your bulges and rolls as imperfections. Rather think of them as factors to keep in mind when it comes to buying clothes. And it has been widely said and believed that the perfect-fitting pair of jeans is every girl’s best friend.