Last Updated on September 24, 2022 by Sarah Keene
Are you a woman that has an hourglass figure? Well, congratulations!
Most women have difficulty figuring out their disproportionate bodies. Some don’t like their large hips or bulging waist. Others have a hard time looking for the right jeans for a flattering silhouette and slim legs for a more enticing look. But not you!
If you don’t want to wear shapewear to maintain your curvy figure, you might as well look for a jean that will do it for you. So, here are some of the best jeans for an hourglass figure that you always treasure but need to maintain.
- Top 3 Jeans For Hourglass Body Shape
- 5 Best Jeans For Hourglass Body Shape- Reviews 2022
- 1. GLORIA VANDERBILT Women’s Classic Amanda High Rise Tapered Jean
- 2. Lee Women’s Modern Series Curvy Fit Bootcut Jean with Hidden Pocket
- 3. Levi’s Women’s Classic Straight Jeans (Standard and Plus-size)
- 4. Silver Jeans Co. Women’s Plus-Size Suki Curvy Fit Mid-Rise Straight Leg Jeans
- 5. Annystore Women High-Waist Skinny Stretch Ripped Jeans Destroyed Denim Pants
- How Will You Know If You Have An Hourglass Figure?
- Finding The Best Jeans For Hourglass Figure – Buyers Guide
- What To Look For In Jeans When You Have An Hourglass Shape?
- What Pair Of Jeans Look Best On An Hourglass Figure?
- What Body Type Do Mom Jeans Look Good On?
- Are Mom Jeans Supposed To Be Tight-Waist?
- What Is A Mom Jean Fit?
Top 3 Jeans For Hourglass Body Shape
|#1 – Editor’s Choice
||Cotton, Polyester, Elastane|
||Cotton, Spandex, Rayon, Polyester|
||Cotton, Spandex, Rayon, Polyester|
5 Best Jeans For Hourglass Body Shape- Reviews 2022
Note: Each product has its own size chart, so you won’t be confused with your size. Consult these size charts and measurements guide before you buy. We assure you that you can save time and money using the size chart in each link before buying.
1. GLORIA VANDERBILT Women’s Classic Amanda High Rise Tapered Jean
If you want great jeans to add to your collection, the Gloria Vanderbilt Classic Amanda Tapered Jeans may interest you. You see, these classic high-rise jeans come in various colors (almost 30 different hues and designs), so you won’t wear the same color every day. If you are an office lady wanting to look different every day, this stretchy pair of pants is an ideal closet collection.
The Amanda Classic by GV is 71% cotton, 27% polyester, and 2% elastane that sit naturally on your waist without the possibility of gaping. That is ideal for curvy women but with a larger waist. The tapered jeans will make you look slimmer even if you are a little bit chubby.
The jeans give an illusion of a trimmer belly as they cover your tummy: hiding love handles for women who are fleshy on their stomachs.
- One of the best flattering pants to wear after childbirth.
- The jeans fit with any footwear (high heels or flat and any shoes).
- The Amanda has breathable and stretchy fabric with belt loops.
- These Amanda pants are ideal for petite women with an hourglass figure.
- The signature swan logo and embroidery are visible on the small front pocket.
- The leg opening has a standard size of 15 inches.
- The jeans may shrink on the first wash, but will not change the size of the waist.
2. Lee Women’s Modern Series Curvy Fit Bootcut Jean with Hidden Pocket
If you prefer not too stretchy pants but with the softest fabric, try the Lee Women’s Modern Series Bootcut Jeans. These Curvy Fit Jeans have 60% cotton, 1% spandex, 22% rayon, and 17% polyester. The fabric blend creates a superior hugging on your waist that enhances your curve.
These mid-rise waist jeans offer a non-gaping fit on the waistband because of their comfortable design for small waist. The jeans have a small secret pocket to secure your mobile phone, keys, and other little essentials. The Lee Women’s Modern Series jeans sport the classic bell-bottoms that most women admired through the ages.
The zipper closure denim has two bigger pockets each on the back and front with the signature Lee button. Additionally, the signature Lee stitching all over the fabric and classic logo on the back is visible in contrasting color with the pants.
- The flare-style leg design accentuates a well-defined waist.
- The snug fit will hug your hips and knees perfectly.
- The flare bottoms trouser provides a well-balanced profile.
- The waistband doesn’t gape because it is contoured to your curve.
- One of the priciest jeans on our list, but the price speaks well.
- The tapered legs may not suit women with big knees.
- Not good to look at with flat shoes.
3. Levi’s Women’s Classic Straight Jeans (Standard and Plus-size)
Unlike ripped and bootcut jeans, the Levi’s Women’s Classic Straight Jeans is more for a formal occasion (although you can wear them every day). Also, these classic jeans have a straight cut, so they are more comfortable to women with curvy waist but skinny legs.
Furthermore, the Levi’s Women’s Classic Straight jeans are more dazzling as they age. The navy blue and black colors become more rugged in looks as they fade after several washes. The fading color gives your curve a sexier silhouette.
These mid-rise Classic Straight jeans from Levi’s are 79% cotton, 19% polyester, and 2% elastane. The stretchable fabric is the best example of the basic comfort-meets-style fashion that being enjoyed by jeans fanatics all over the world. Levi’s doesn’t grow old, indeed!
- The straight jeans come in Blue, Brown, Green, Black, and White colors.
- All out American-style jeans that mesmerize the world for decades.
- You can wear these jeans in any weather and on any occasion.
- The trousers have fashionable belt loops matching your preference.
- There is a size that will fit plus-size women.
- It has low elasticity, so buy the one that fits your waist snugly.
- This pair of jeans is best to wear with high heels to highlight your curve.
4. Silver Jeans Co. Women’s Plus-Size Suki Curvy Fit Mid-Rise Straight Leg Jeans
Be proud of your hourglass figure, but you should take care and maintain it. At least by wearing jeans that will boost your confidence! But if you find yourself gaining weight a little, don’t worry. You can always wear the Silver Jeans Co. Women’s Plus-Size Straight Leg Jeans more comfortably anywhere and anytime.
This Suki collection of Curvy Fit Mid-Rise Jeans is the answer to your cravings for denim that won’t spoil your hourglass body. The Suki jeans have a countered waistband that follows your curves, preventing gapping on your back. These semi-stretch jeans are 93% cotton, 6% polyester, and just 1% elastane, but the hug and fit are surprisingly elegant!
The Suki jeans are cut straight, so you will not have a problem fitting your legs. Besides, there are various sizes that you can choose that will conform to your plus-size figure. The belt loops and seams are proprietary Silver Jeans Co. Lurex stitching that had been a worldwide favorite for decades.
- The classic jeans have five stylish pockets with signature buttons.
- There is one hidden pocket at the front for small things.
- The denim is machine washable but not to tumble dry.
- With available semi-ripped items in different shades of blue.
- You can wear these jeans with high or flat heels, boots, sneakers, etc.
- The larger size may cost you more than ordinary jeans.
5. Annystore Women High-Waist Skinny Stretch Ripped Jeans Destroyed Denim Pants
Do ripped jeans give you an awesome look? Lo and Behold! The Annystore Skinny Stretch Destroyed Denim Pants is what you need. These rugged but modern jeans come in different shades of blue (from dark to light) and other colors, such as dark red and dark green.
The jeans will enhance your hourglass figure because of their stretchy spandex but let your body breathe. This high-waist pant is a blend of 75% cotton, 23% polyester, and just 2% spandex, so the stretchability is just enough for an hourglass body.
The jeans have a zipper closure just like ordinary denim. The pants go with anything like a tank top, t-shirt, short tops, sweaters, and any jacket. These high-waist skinny jeans are top-of-the-line that can lift your bottoms, as well as shape your body.
- You can wear these jeans during the early months of pregnancy.
- The ripped jeans enhance the butt, thighs, hips, and long legs.
- These destroyed jeans help in butt-lifting if you are well-endowed down there.
- It has four front and back pockets with a fashionable button design.
- These ripped jeans will highlight your curvy waist.
- Avoid machine washing to prevent further ripping.
- Not for tumble drying, sun-drying is more preferable.
How Will You Know If You Have An Hourglass Figure?
Classifying body types is not an exact science. You should remember that. But at least, your current body measurements will tell you how you fare in categorizing body types.
Here are the seven leading body types for the women of today:
1. Spoon Type
The spoon-type body has larger hips than the bust or the rest of the body. It is similar to a pear-shaped or a triangular body. Additionally, a spoon-type body has a defined waist.
2. Hourglass Type
If you have a well-defined waist that is smaller than your hips and bust, you are categorized as an hourglass figure. It also follows that your breasts and hips are almost the same sizes.
3. Pear-shaped or Triangle Type
The pear-shaped type of women has boobs and shoulders that are narrower than their hips. They can also have a defined waist but with slimmer arms.
4. Rectangle or Straight Type
This body type is also called ‘banana’. This type characterizes a waist with the same measurement as those of the bust or hips. It also follows that the hips have the same width as the shoulders.
5. Apple or Inverted Triangle
The inverted or apple-shaped body type has shoulders and bust that are larger than the waist. The hips are usually narrower.
6. Athletic Body Type
This body contour is probably the most ideal for women, but you will be surprised that it is not. An athletic body figure is usually muscular but not mostly shapely.
The hips and shoulders are mostly the same sizes with a smaller waist but not as defined as a pear-shaped or an hourglass figure.
7. Oval or Round-Shape
An oval body shape characterizes a figure where the bust is bigger than the rest of the body. Consequently, the hips are narrower while the midsection is fuller.
Read more: Best Jeans for Pear Shaped Body
Finding The Best Jeans For Hourglass Figure – Buyers Guide
1. Choose the smallest size of jeans.
Most stretch jeans are cotton fabric that is susceptible to shrinking when washing several times or when exposed to heat and dampness. So, if you are trying jeans on, take your usual size, and go in a half size smaller.
2. How much stretch do you need?
Most denim jeans nowadays have from one to three percent elastane (Lycra or Spandex). The stretchiness of the jeans will result in a more body-hugging silhouette compared to ordinary jeans. So, pick the one that is most comfortable for you.
3. Mid-rise or High-rise?
If you are petite with an hourglass shape, you will have better looks wearing medium-cut jeans. The style gives leg-lengthening and flattering effects. However, if you are taller or an average height woman, who is curvy on all parts of the body with a small waist: go for the high-rise cut.
4. Straight cuts complement an hourglass shape.
Straight cuts with contoured waistband jeans are some of the best styles for hourglass figures. The style will strengthen the torso for a more slender look while eliminating the possibility of gapping when sitting.
5. Flared & Wide-leg Jeans are great!
When you wear flared jeans, they balance your curvy hips and thighs, thus enhancing your hourglass silhouette. However, if you have skinny legs; wide-legged jeans will provide proportion on your lower half.
What To Look For In Jeans When You Have An Hourglass Shape?
Not all jeans are created equal, so goes the eternal saying. But this is always true. When you have an hourglass body, the quality of the jeans you wear is an utmost concern.
To have the best quality, try to figure out how stretchy your jeans are. As we stated above; most elastic jeans nowadays have one to three percent of elastane. The higher the percentage of elastane, the higher the stretchability the jeans have.
One percent (1%) elastane provides enough stretch to hug your body and hold the jeans on their shape (like the Lee Modern Series Curvy Fit Bootcut Jeans and the Suki Straight Leg Jeans).
The two percent elasticity (2%) means that the jeans will enable you to contour your body smoothly while sitting and standing is very comfortable (the best examples are the Annystore High-Waist Skinny Stretch Ripped Jeans and the GV Classic Amanda Jeans).
The three percent (3%) flexibility means the jeans have a tight form-fitting ability but still soft and comfortable to wear.
2. Material blend
All stretchy jeans have elastane (Spandex or Lycra) that blends with either or in combination with cotton, polyester, or rayon. Look for the best blend that will make you breathable and comfy at the same time.
The style of jeans you wear will have the best effect on your appearance. For example: if you want to showcase more on your waist, pick the high-waist style because it will accentuate a well-defined waistline for a more attractive look.
Can you afford to buy more than one pair of jeans? If so, do it, because jeans are now an essential part of your everyday clothing. However, the five pair of jeans for the hourglass figure reviewed above are just some of the best in the market with affordable prices.
What Pair Of Jeans Look Best On An Hourglass Figure?
It is inevitable owning at least a pair of jeans nowadays. You see, it is a necessity, especially during summer or humid months as an everyday outfit. Most women (with an hourglass body shape, of course!) that we have surveyed prefer high-waist and flared stretch denim jeans.
Moreover, more women also have an interest in wide-leg (or straight leg) and skinny (a close-fitting) style that will show their natural curves. Additionally, others prefer stretch jeans that won’t waist-gap on their back. Another favorite is a bootcut because it never goes out of style.
What Body Type Do Mom Jeans Look Good On?
The mom jean is also great for women with an hourglass figure! The pair of denim jeans sit on the waist and not on the hips. The jean enhances your butt while creating an illusion of a smaller waist.
Are Mom Jeans Supposed To Be Tight-Waist?
Yes! Mom jeans need to fit well on the waist to be flattering. When these jeans hug the belly right at the smallest part of your midsection, they will give a flattering silhouette.
What Is A Mom Jean Fit?
The mom jeans for hourglass figure are the contemporary denim style widely based on the 90s fashion (late 80s included). Mom jeans usually have destroyed washes with cropped options.
The style is high-waist and ankle length. The jeans make the butt looks longer and flatter, while the zip fly has a relaxed fit.
To tell you frankly, we all love the five best jeans for the hourglass figure featured above, but one stands out among the rest! The GLORIA VANDERBILT Women’s Classic Amanda High Rise Tapered Jeans have the best fit, quality, and style that we are looking for.
The colors are so broad; we are planning to buy at least four pairs of the style in different hues to match our everyday activities. By the way, the price is affordable.