Last Updated on January 21, 2023 by Sarah Keene
Plus-size women are now more confident of their bodies. Do you know why?
- Top 3 Shapewear for Plus Size Women
- 7 Best Shapewear for Plus Size Women of Today – Reviews 2022
- 1. FLEXEES Women’s Shapewear Maidenform Romper Leotard
- 2. Bali Women’s Shapewear Lace ‘N Smooth Body Briefer
- 3. SPANX Shapewear for Women, Tummy Control High Waist Power Shorts (Regular and Plus Sizes)
- 4. SHAPERX Women Waist Trainer for Weight Loss Latex Steel Boned Corset Cincher Shaper
- 5. Gotoly Women’s Waist Cincher Tummy Control Shapewear Compression Vest Invisible Body Shaper
- 6. Nebility Women Waist Trainer Corset Zipper Vest Body Shaper
- 7. Irisnaya Shapewear Bodysuit Waist Trainer Vest Full Body Shaper
- How Will You Know If You Are Plus-Size?
- Best Shapewear For Plus-Size Women- Buyers Guide
- What To Look For In Underwear For Plus-Size Women?
Top 3 Shapewear for Plus Size Women
|#1 – Editor’s Choice||
Nylon, Elastane, Spandex
7 Best Shapewear for Plus Size Women of Today – Reviews 2022
Note: Each product has a standard size chart in every link: you can base your size on the chart for a perfect fit. But be honest, measure your true-size to get the best results.
1. FLEXEES Women’s Shapewear Maidenform Romper Leotard
The Maidenform Flexees Romper Leotard is for plus-size women who want full-body support in one shapewear. Unlike segmented body shaper, this romper leotard not only covers and supports the upper body but also shapes the butt.
This romper is a complete bodysuit that covers back fat and the waist to make them firm but smooth to the feel. Additionally, unlike a swimsuit, the Flexees Shapewear Romper needs wearing a bra to cover your boobs.
This romper is 80% nylon and 20% elastane that will not bind the legs for added comfort & convenience.
If you are struggling to find shapewear for your bulging fat, this romper fits well under blouses, denim, skirts, dresses, gowns, pants, and other casual or formal wear. The wide straps let the shaper stay in place no matter how you move.
- This bodysuit comes better under denim, skirts, pants, and other outerwear.
- It is very smooth to the skin with enough stretch to contour the body.
- The leotard is a complete bodysuit and a form-fitter.
- No visible panty lines when worn with jeans, denim, or pants.
- It hides muffin top and love handles very well.
- Wear your own bra (no brassiere is included).
- For hand washing only to extend the life of the underwear.
- The romper does not look great with a tank top
2. Bali Women’s Shapewear Lace ‘N Smooth Body Briefer
Another complete bodysuit is the Bali Shapewear Body Briefer, but this time, it has a lace fabric that accentuates your feminine look. This slimming shaper for plus-size women is a proven body slimmer that provides an instant sleek appearance to the wearer.
The Bali WomenBody Briefer is a one-piece suit that stays in place and wears better than sectional body slimming shapers. The fabric is smooth lace that is a soft lining around the boobs. But unlike piece-by-piece shapewear, this underwear is an all-over solution for a curvy silhouette.
The softly lined underwire cups support your breasts and shape them to create deep cleavage. The anti-slip straps are thinner than other brands, so you can wear the briefer as your half top without the need to wear a bra.
- The stretch lace fabric is more breathable than solid.
- It has full coverage with no-lines bottom perfect for plus-size.
- The bottom closure is a strap with a hook & eye for easy peeing.
- It trims down your tummy and back fat effectively.
- The breathable lace has adjustable straps to fit your size.
- The thinner straps enhance a sexy look even without an upper garment.
- It is optional wearing your own bra.
- Not for machine washing and only hang to dry.
- The cups have no pads but will not show nipples.
3. SPANX Shapewear for Women, Tummy Control High Waist Power Shorts (Regular and Plus Sizes)
Spanx, a U.S. company, specializes in foundation garments that intend to make women appear slimmer. Just like the SPANX Shapewear High Waist Power Shorts that seems magic when you wear them. But how could it be?
This intimate lingerie is 54% nylon and 46% spandex & elastane combined. The result is a yarn that unlike any other shapewear. The fabric is immaculately softer to the skin that does not compress much unless you pick the wrong size. The Spanx plus-size underwear lets you feel more confident.
More plus-size women will find the Spanx Power Shorts effective to hide muffin top and have firm control on their tummy and the lower back area. These shapewear shorts move with your figure to give you a curvy silhouette under any outfit.
- The power shorts are great as standalone biking shorts (pick Black).
- It is also best for other outdoor sports, such as badminton, etc.
- The underwear targets the stomach to make it trimmer with outer garments.
- It has an opening on the crotch area for easy bathroom use.
- Ideal as postpartum shapewear to let you go back to your original figure.
- The fabric promotes sweating, but will not produce an unpleasant odor.
- Not for prolonged use.
- If you have an in-between size (from the chart), choose the next size up.
4. SHAPERX Women Waist Trainer for Weight Loss Latex Steel Boned Corset Cincher Shaper
The ShaperX Cincher Shaper is one of that shapewear that enables the body to sweat heavily during a workout or with intense movement. If you want better results in just days, this waist trainer is the shapewear to go! The corset has a latex steel bone to shape your side, which is flexible and soft.
The ShaperX Corset Waist Trainer has four rows and 14 columns of hooks & eyes (or buckles), so you can adjust the fit whenever you lose weight. Although the shaper is not the touch-and-go type, it is more effective in squeezing your tummy, back, and belly without the irritating compress.
The corset cincher effectively reduces waist circumference on a larger scale than an ordinary waist trainer. One of the more convincing features of this corset is its increasing height: as a woman’s size increases so do the shapewear’s front height.
- This shaper may reduce your waistline by as much as 3 to 5 inches.
- The best waist reducing shapewear for plus-size women.
- The latex has cotton to make it smoother to the skin.
- It is proven effective in supporting the back and sides.
- The cincher does not only trim the body; also burns fats as you sweat.
- Takes time to wear as it has 14 hooks & eyes.
- Requires handwashing after every use.
- The thick fabric is more comfortable with light outerwear.
5. Gotoly Women’s Waist Cincher Tummy Control Shapewear Compression Vest Invisible Body Shaper
If you prefer a waist trainer with straps, the Gotoly Tummy Control Vest Body Shaper is a good idea. This body slimmer underwear will keep you dry all day while working, partying, or at the gym. You can wear it anywhere with any type of outfit (whether pants, jeans, gowns, dresses, etc.).
The slimming waist cincher hugs your upper body while you feel light, soft, and breathable under an outfit. It has wide straps with a U-Shape push-up breast design to keep your boobs upright. The Gotoly Vest Body Shaper’s front middle section has two layers that give double high compression on the belly area.
The smooth and soft fabric relieves back pain and trims the belly while correcting your posture and slimming the waist. If you have a liposuction operation, you can wear this vest while you are recovering. You can also utilize this undergarment after a C-section operation to keep your original shape before pregnancy.
- The vest is effective postpartum shapewear.
- Also, best to wear it after childbirth when working out.
- The 2-layer design also supports your back & tummy at the same time.
- The U-shape contour lifts your breast along with the bra.
- The underwear can be used to burn fat with proper diet & exercise.
- It needs to wear with your bra.
- The vest does not support the butt.
- The underwear cannot be worn as a standalone outfit.
6. Nebility Women Waist Trainer Corset Zipper Vest Body Shaper
The Nebility Waist Trainer Corset is a cincher tank top with adjustable straps that is more ideal for plus-size women having a larger waist. This vest is a combination of a corset and a waist trainer that support the back, as well as your tummy, and muffin top.
Unlike the ShaperX Waist Trainer Corset, the Nebility Corset has a zipper and straps to keep the shapewear in place all the time. This bodysuit is ideal for obese women and those who are really heavy! The fabric is 90% polyester and 10% spandex that create a softer material without the itch and hitch!
The Nebility Corset Zipper Vest can flatten the abdomen while pushing up the breast to have an illusion of cleavage. But do not worry; your newfound cleavage will not appear as seductive! The U-shape push up feature is an innovative design that compresses the waistline to the minimum while your boobs rise up.
- It has fine edges, so nobody knows you are wearing it.
- It is a corset, bodysuit, and waist trainer combined, but cheaper.
- The waist reducer is for daily use or postpartum recovery.
- It has three rows of hook & eye closure for a secured fit.
- No need to remove the shaper when going to the bathroom.
- The shaper keeps you dry and bacteria-free.
- Not to wear for longer periods.
- The shaper does not include a bra.
- For hand washing and air-drying only.
7. Irisnaya Shapewear Bodysuit Waist Trainer Vest Full Body Shaper
Another full body shaper on our list is the Irisnaya Waist Trainer. These scoop neck tank tops are ideal for women who want an effective tummy control because it covers the breasts down the hips. If you are an avid sports fan, this is the right shapewear for you.
The bodysuit goes well with shorts for jogging, running, boxing, yoga, and other workouts. You can also pair it with jeans, dresses, gowns, skirts, and other casual or formal wear while nobody will notice it. The Irisnaya Vest Waist Trainer is 60% nylon and 40% spandex, so it stretches along with your movement.
The beauty of this shaper is that you can wear it as your half top without bothering to wear a bra. The nipples will not show. The Irisnaya Shapewear Bodysuit’s high spandex concentration makes it fit your body snugly without damaging your skin and complexion.
- The crotch has hooks and eyes for a convenient visit to the bathroom.
- The wide shoulder minimizes your look like a plus-size.
- The shaper is an alternative for lifting the butt.
- It creates a C-shape contour between the hips and waist.
- The sleeveless tops will match your favorite jeans or pants.
- For handwashing with cool water and no ironing.
- Do not bleach and tumble dry, air-drying will do.
- May show panty lines on skinny leggings.
How Will You Know If You Are Plus-Size?
You can easily tell by just looking in the mirror. The sizes of women are far more diversified compared to men or children. But size charts vary across the globe.
Moreover, a ‘plus-size woman’ connotes a size larger than her slim counterpart. But plus-size is a loose word to express women’s sizing of clothing. However, most fashion experts today consider plus-size as those with size 18 and over, or size 1X-6X, and the extended size as 7X.
Additionally, some fashion magazines consider plus-size models fall into the size range of 8 to 12. But the average American women fit between a Misses size 16 to 18. The size corresponds to a woman plus-size 20W.
Furthermore, in the United States, sizes 14 and above are considered ‘plus-size’. A decade ago (2010), one study suggests that more than 60% of American adult women wear plus-size clothing.
Best Shapewear For Plus-Size Women- Buyers Guide
1. Know your body type.
Most plus-size women have the following body shapes: pear, round, triangle, and rectangle. If you have any of this body type and you are plus-size; it is sure you need shapewear to hide or minimize your body fat.
2. Know the right shapewear for you.
Once you determined your body shape, it is now time to pick the best shaper for you. However, if your plus-size condition is caused by pregnancy, you can consider shapewear that you can use during postpartum moments.
Most modern body slimming undergarments are now wearable during (such as the Spanx body slimmer) and after pregnancy (like the Nebility Corset and Gotoly Vest) because of the firm but soft compression they bring.
3. What part of your body do you want to support?
Are you trying to hide your belly fat to get into a tight dress? Or are targeting your muffin top, a corset or a vest might do the trick of trimming excess flab. On the other hand, if you want whole-body fat control, as well as minimizing backaches and strain, you may want to buy a full-body shaper.
4. Know your true size.
Your true size corresponds to the actual measurement of your bust, waist, and hips. Measure the slender part of your waist, while the hips should be measured around its fullest part and your buttocks.
What To Look For In Underwear For Plus-Size Women?
Most plus-size women thought buying a size down shapewear will give them the right compression. But that is not the case!
Too small shapewear will only enhance the bulges and lumps where you do not want them to be. And besides, it is very inconvenient wearing slimming underwear that is too tight! Pick the shapewear that just right for your size, so you will not feel uncomfortable.
Look for shapewear that has the most comfortable material blend for you (like spandex, nylon, elastane, and others). Also, look for two or more different types of shapewear (if you can afford it) where you can use them in any circumstances.
1. What is the best shapewear for a big tummy?
If you are not comfortable having a fatty tummy, you can either wear Spanx Power Shorts, a slimming corset, or a body briefer to make you look slimmer.
2. Do plus-size models wear shapewear?
Yes. Plus-size modeling is now the current trend. Fashion models also wear appropriate shapewear to make their body look more proportional.
3. How many inches can shapewear take off?
Some shapewear manufacturers claim to chop around 3 to 5 inches off your waist when you wear their shaper. It could be possible along with the proper diet, exercise, and changing lifestyle.
However, the more realistic estimate is from 1 to 2 inches as shapewear is engineered to trim excess weight to make you appear slimmer.
4. Does shapewear flatten the stomach?
Shapewear provides an instant solution to your bulging tummy without undergoing invasive surgery. It is also the cheapest way to level off your stomach right away.
We recommend the FLEXEES Women’s Shapewear Maidenform Romper Leotard as the best shapewear for plus-size women. We know how you love your body, but there is nothing wrong with making your appearance more charming and slimmer.
We adore the softness and tightness of the Spanx Power Shorts and the support it makes to our tummy, hips, and legs. Love it, indeed!