Last Updated on September 24, 2022 by Sarah Keene
But when you have a long torso compared to anybody else, what waist trainer is more advisable to use? Since the waist trainer is the modern version of the old-fashioned corset, this type of stretchy garment has been proven effective in shaping your body.
There is a slight difference in the use of a waist trainer whether you have a small or long torso, but you should know where you stand if you are the latter.
We have here the list of eight of the best long torso waist trainers that will fit your body and have the shape you are longing for.
- Top 3 Long Torso Waist Trainers
- 8 Best Long Torso Waist Trainers That’s Just A Click Away- Reviews 2022
- 2. Lady Slim Fajas Colombianas Latex Waist Trainer Cincher Shaper (Beige)
- 3. SHAPERX Women’s Sports Latex Waist Trainer Corsets Cincher
- 4. YIANNA Waist Trainer for Women Underbust Latex Sport Girdle Corsets Cincher Hourglass Body Shaper
- 5. Ursexyly Women Waist Trainer Corset Zipper Hook Double Control Body Shaper
- 6. Nebility Women Latex Waist Trainer Bodysuit Slim Full Body Zipper
- 7. Ann Darling Women’s Fajas Colombiana Latex Sport Waist Trainer
- 8. BRABIC Postpartum Belly Wrap Waist Trainer
- What Part Of The Human Body Is The Torso?
- What Is A Long Torso Waist Trainer?
- Features Worth Considering When Buying A Waist Trainer For Long Torso
- Benefits Of Waist Trainers And Why Are They Strongly Recommended?
Top 3 Long Torso Waist Trainers
|#1 – Editor’s Choice
|3. SHAPERX Women’s Sports Latex Waist Trainer Corsets Cincher||#3
8 Best Long Torso Waist Trainers That’s Just A Click Away- Reviews 2022
Note: Sizes may vary in every item, so it is recommended that you consult the size chart available in each link for a sure fit.
1. Lady Slim Fajas Colombianas Latex Waist Trainer Cincher Shaper (Black Ver. 2.0)
Somebody wants to have a good bite from her body fat, but too lazy to do exercises! No worries, the Lady Slim Fajas Colombianas Cincher could help you. This underbust waist trainer is 100% natural latex, a fabric that provides heat in the body to melt fat.
Just like a sauna without the steam, this black Fajas Colombianas body cincher from Lady Slim, just do it like that: it makes you sweat to melt some fat away and reshape your body. If you got a longer torso compared to other women, this style will cover your rib cage very well.
- The front length is 12 inches, while the back is 10 inches.
- It has a hook and eye closure in three rows.
- The cincher has flexible steel boning to correct your posture.
- Made in Colombia.
- Not for wearing too long in a day.
- Do not machine wash. Air drying is recommended.
- A brand new one may smell of latex, but will be gone in 3-4 days of washing.
2. Lady Slim Fajas Colombianas Latex Waist Trainer Cincher Shaper (Beige)
This beige waist trainer has the same specs as the black Lady Slim Fajas Colombianas Cincher Shaper we reviewed above. Both have the same manufacturer. But this beige Fajas could match your skin tone and looks more invisible under clothing.
The Lady SlimCincher Shaper is also 100% premium latex that compresses the torso to shape it and melt some fat while you move. In other cases, a little movement, especially during humid weather, can cause a sauna effect where you sweat, thus, reducing fat deposits.
- The hook and eye closure have three rows for varying fit.
- The steel boning keeps the corset upright all the time.
- This waist trainer corset has no rubber material.
- Made in Colombia.
- Not recommended for skinny women.
- Not for prolonged use in a day.
3. SHAPERX Women’s Sports Latex Waist Trainer Corsets Cincher
One of the best long torso waist trainers that have a simple construction is the ShaperX Latex Corset Cincher. You will admire the simplicity of this shaper girdle and it is as effective as those high-priced cinchers in the market.
Its inner layer is 96% cotton and just 4% spandex, which provides a soft but firm hug on your torso. Meanwhile, its middle layer is 100% latex that gives the trainer its durability while it compresses your midsection.
The better compression is provided by the 25 spiral steel bones that won’t let the corset sags even after multiple uses.
- It has three (3) columns of hook and eye for closure.
- The vintage design with a modern twist is a hit among women.
- The front height is 11.60 inches, while the back is 10.60 inches.
- One of the best waist trainers for achieving an hourglass shape.
- There are only two colors available: Black & Beige (but with different shades).
4. YIANNA Waist Trainer for Women Underbust Latex Sport Girdle Corsets Cincher Hourglass Body Shaper
Black is really beautiful and breathable, just like the black YIANNA Waist Trainer Hourglass Body Shaper! This underbust corset cincher, unlike other ordinary corsets, has composite material. The outer layer is 95% polyester blended with 5% spandex. The core is 100% natural latex while the inner layer is 98% cotton with only 2 % spandex.
This ideal blend of the material makes body compression (especially the torso) more effective. Additionally, the three layers of fabric maximize the induction of heat that makes you sweat continuously.
- The body shaper corset has nine pieces of steel boning.
- The ideal number of steel bones offers maximum support.
- The manufacturer guarantees a 3-inch waist reduction after prolonged use.
- The hook and eye closure have three rows for quick adjustment.
- To keep you hydrated during hot weather, drink more water.
- Not for machine washing or ironing, let to air-dry.
5. Ursexyly Women Waist Trainer Corset Zipper Hook Double Control Body Shaper
One of the cheapest body cinchers on our list is the Ursexyly Waist Trainer Corset, which has a double lock for a more secured cinching. This waist trainer is also effective in back support and covers your tummy while making it slimmer.
This fat-burning corset is 90% polyester and 10% spandex with no neoprene. You can wear this waist trainer while in the office, your wedding, parties, and practically everywhere (except when exercising) and on any occasion.
It has four spiral steel bones that reinforced the cincher to provide maximum support in the back, tummy, and waist.
- The cincher has both hook and eye and zipper closures.
- It helps you attain an hourglass figure with minimum sweat.
- The waist trainer also works for women with a small torso.
- This skin-friendly and the lightweight corset is breathable.
- Not for prolonged use every day.
- Need to wash after every use.
6. Nebility Women Latex Waist Trainer Bodysuit Slim Full Body Zipper
If you want full-body support and you think you have a long torso, the Nebility Latex Waist Trainer is an absolute delight! This shapewear tummy control corset has adjustable straps with a U-shape push-up bust design.
The waist trainer’s core is 100% latex with a blend of cotton and spandex for an ideal compression to your long torso. Aside from accelerating the reduction of the waistline because of the heating effect on your body, this stretchy bodysuit also improves posture.
- The trainer not only reduces the waistline but also enhances your butt.
- The material is a 3-layer fabric each with breathable characteristics.
- It has an open crotch for easy bathroom usage.
- Also, ideal for love handles, back fat, cellulite, and muffin tops.
- With zipper closure on the side.
- You have to wear it with your bra.
- To maintain shape and elasticity, do not machine wash.
7. Ann Darling Women’s Fajas Colombiana Latex Sport Waist Trainer
If you are looking for a Colombiana corset in black, the Ann Darling Fajas Colombiana Waist Trainer is a smart choice. This tummy control hourglass corset is 100% latex as its outer layer while the interior is cotton. It has a hook and eye closure in three rows.
The three rows will allow you to adjust the fit once you experienced a reduction in your waist. It’s a clever idea, indeed! It also has one of the longest torso heights: 12 inches on the front and 10 inches on the back. If you find it longer, you can easily tuck it inside your jeans or pants.
If you want a corset that is invisible under clothing and has a comfortable feel in any type of weather, you should try this Ann Darling Fajas Colombiana!
- Ideal for diverse kinds of dresses, pants, and other formal or casual wears.
- Also, great as postpartum shapewear for mothers.
- Wearing this cincher mimics the condition in a sauna without the steam.
- This waist trainer helps you define your waist and shapes your abdomen.
- This girdle is not recommended for women more than 5”8” in height.
- This corset will make you feel the heat, so better take it off when you are not comfortable anymore!
8. BRABIC Postpartum Belly Wrap Waist Trainer
Did you just delivered a baby and want to trim those excess fats while rearing your child at home? Well, the BRABIC Postpartum Belly Wrap Waist Trainer is one of the great choices! Unlike ordinary waist trainers, this Pelvis Belt Body Shaper helps your body to recover from its original shape before pregnancy.
But why is the BRABIC Belly Wrap great for postpartum women? You see, this waist trainer has four rows of hook and eye as closure, different from other corsets on our list. This way, when you end up with bigger built after pregnancy, you can adjust the fit while you get back to your original shape.
- Ideal as post-partum shapewear for C-section mothers.
- You can still wear this pelvis belt shaper after a post-partum period.
- The trainer covers the pelvic bones.
- Trims the pelvis while lifting the butt.
- Comes only in black.
What Part Of The Human Body Is The Torso?
The torso is an anatomical term about the central part of the human body, which includes the thorax and the abdomen. Also called the ‘trunk’, the torso is where the limbs and the neck extend (see Fig. 1).
To understand the torso clearly, remember that it does not include the head, arms, and legs. In short, the torso begins from the shoulders down to the hips.
What Is A Long Torso Waist Trainer?
According to experts, the range of torso length for men and women is from 15” (38cm) to a maximum of 21.5” (54cm).
However, women who are considered to have a long torso range in length from 16.5” (42cm) to 19.0” (48cm), which is called the average Straight Line Torso length (SLT). For men, it is 18” (46cm) to 20.50” (52cm) SLT length.
Features Worth Considering When Buying A Waist Trainer For Long Torso
A waist trainer, sometimes called a corset, has two types: the underbust and the overbust. The overbust covers the boobs, which begins under the arms and ends on your upper hip. This type of corset provides more coverage but might be too constricting as it enhances your cleavage.
On the other hand, the underbust, like all of the products we reviewed above, has less coverage and is ideal if you target the torso.
Choose the ideal waist trainer that fits your body well. If you like to have a comfortable fit, just like we noted at the beginning of the reviews above, always follow the manufacturer’s instructions on each product link. Your success lies in these useful size charts.
3. Resiliency or adjustability
Unlike old-fashioned types of waist trainers that used string to adjust the width of the corset, modern shapers used adjustable hooks and eyes in rows (some with zippers). Look for this feature on your next buy, so you can still wear the waist trainer in case you become thinner on the waist.
Waist trainers come in different materials, but one thing is sure: they contain either Spandex or Lycra (also called elastane), or a combination of both. Moreover, these stretchable materials are in turn blended with latex, cotton, polyester, or nylon, to create a stretchy fabric for the needed compression.
Moreover, not all corset waist trainers contain the same amount of elastane. If you are allergic to latex, you can always opt for other material combinations.
Modern corset, that is, the waist trainer, has steel or plastic boning to make the girdle stands the compression it provides. The boning acts as a frame to the trainer that gives it structure and strength. Choose the one with a steel boning because it has the durability to shape your body.
Benefits Of Waist Trainers And Why Are They Strongly Recommended?
There is no doubt that a waist trainer can provide tons of benefits for people seeking to have an hourglass figure, weight loss, better posture, and best postpartum support. However, a change in your body condition may take effect slowly when you start using a waist trainer.
The trainer is highly recommended for people who are too busy to do exercise and are always sitting at work while gaining excess fat.
The trainer is also strongly-advisable for postpartum women. According to the International Journal of Gynecology and Obstetrics, “women who wore a waist support garment after a cesarean delivery experienced less pain and bleeding than those who did not wear one”.
However, do not rely solely on waist trainers for achieving the figure you want, instead, find a way where you could do exercise, have a balanced diet full of fiber, and shifting to a healthier lifestyle.
Moreover, experts suggest not using the waist trainer excessively like wearing it for more than eight hours a day to avoid weakening the core muscles that may result in back pain and bad posture.
If you want to know more about the most common risks of wearing a waist trainer (corset): read this.
1. What’s the longest time you should wear a waist trainer?
Different types of women have a different metabolism. But more experts suggest that if you are used to wearing a waist trainer, you can choose to wear it for eight hours for at least eight weeks.
Consequently, if you begin to feel uncomfortable during this time, you can take it off and have your body rest for a while. However, do not sleep or exercise with the garment on.
2. What is the most effective waist trainer?
The most effective waist trainer is perhaps the one that gives you results and at the same time, you are comfortable using it. Moreover, a steel-boned corset or waist cincher is just some of the most effective waist trainers because they sculpt the torso into an exaggerated hourglass figure.
A steel-boned waist trainer is strong and durable enough to support the torso (especially the waist) and provide continuous compression without collapsing.
3. Can a waist trainer make your rib cage smaller?
That is one of the most promising possibilities! Consistently wearing a waist trainer for extended periods trains your midsection to hold a trimmer shape.
4. Does waist training slim your stomach?
Yes, it does! The heat a waist trainer provides lets you sweat heavily, thus, stripping off some fats on your stomach during an extended period. The trainer could also provide instant slimming on the stomach, but this is just temporary as long as you are wearing the cincher.
There are too many waist trainers available in the market today. The list we provided is just some of the best long torso waist trainers there is. However, one stands out among them. We find the Lady Slim Fajas Colombianas Latex Waist Trainer Cincher Shaper as the most ideal to wear.
Its simple construction, steel bones, soft but durable materials, and under-bust style led us to admire the best long torso waist trainer.
However, we suggest that you don’t use a constricting waist trainer excessively to avoid health issues. It is also better that you consult your doctor first before using a waist trainer.
Read more: Top 10 BEST Waist Trainer For Weight Loss