Last Updated on September 24, 2022 by Sarah Keene
As soon as you think of an apple-shaped figure, you automatically assume the body type is plus-size. Well, that may be true in some cases, but not all apple-shaped bodies are curvy.
The body shape simply means you have slightly narrower hips and shoulders than your waist and bust. And if petite too, then shorter legs as well, which means twice the challenge of finding the best jeans for apple shape figure. But not anymore because I have just the denim styles that are bound to make your rounder body shape look more flattering.
- Top 3 Jeans That Fit Apple-Shaped Women
- 10 Best Jeans That Fit Apple-Shaped Women
- 1. Levi’s Women’s 711 Skinny Jeans
- 2. Levi’s Women’s Curvy Bootcut Jeans
- 3. NYDJ Women’s Plus Size Marilyn Straight Leg Jeans
- 4. NYDJ Womens Barbara Boot-Cut Jeans
- 5. Wallflower Plus Size Basic Legendary Skinny Jeans
- 6. Dickie’s Women’s Relaxed Straight Leg Jean
- 7. Lee Women’s Modern Series Curvy Fit Bootcut Jean
- 8. PajamaJeans Womens Stretch Jeans Bootcut
- 9. Riders by Lee Indigo Women’s Plus Size Stretch Bootcut Jean
- 10. Jessica Simpson Women’s Plus Size Curvy High Rise Skinny Jeans
- Why Jeans for Apple-Shaped Figure Are Hard to Find?
- Factors to Take Into Account When Buying Jeans for Apple-Shaped Women
- Quick Tips for Choosing Jeans That Look Good On Apple-Shaped Ladies
Top 3 Jeans That Fit Apple-Shaped Women
|1. Levi’s Women’s 711 Skinny Jeans||#1 – Editor’s Choice
||Cotton, Viscose, Polyester, Elastane|
||Cotton, Polyester, Elastane|
||Cotton, Polyester, Elastane|
10 Best Jeans That Fit Apple-Shaped Women
1. Levi’s Women’s 711 Skinny Jeans
If bootcut is not your style, then how about the skinny-leg fit? Levi’s provides apple-shaped buttocks the option of skinny jeans as well. This 711 pair has a mid-rise waist, which is considered to be the best for more rounded women.
Just like the previous jeans, these too slim through your hips and thighs in the most flattering manner. The jeans hold and even lift all that needs to be held and lifted in order to make your body shape look more proportionate.
- Made of super-soft, 4-way stretch denim
- Mid-rise waist for control and shaping without the muffin top
- Slimming shape through the hips and thighs
- Available in Standard and Plus Size
2. Levi’s Women’s Curvy Bootcut Jeans
How are these very popular Levi’s jeans suitable for apple-bottomed women? It’s because of the pair’s curvy bootcut silhouette. This contoured shape slims through your waistline and thighs to elongate your circular apple body shape.
And for the perfect fit, there’s no amount of gapping between the waistband and your body. So if you have big buttocks, you can totally rely on the curvy fit of these jeans. And if you have shorter legs as well, then you can compensate for the long legs of the pair with heels.
- Bootcut shape slims through waist and thighs
- Perfect fit for larger buttocks i.e. curvy women
- No-gapping waistband enhances fit
- Jeans are stretchy enough and very comfortable and soft
3. NYDJ Women’s Plus Size Marilyn Straight Leg Jeans
You know behind the perfect, most comfortable fit for apple body shape lies factors such as stretch denim, lifting and shaping curves, slimming panel, and mid-rise waist. All of these features, and even some more, are a part of the Plus Size Marilyn Straight Leg Jeans.
The pair’s figure-elongating straight-leg design looks good with practically everything.
What’s more is the brand’s special Lift Tuck technology. It consists of a body slimming panel with an exclusive criss-cross construction in the front and a curve-shaping construction. That, no doubt, makes plus size women and their curves feel and look a size smaller. This jean is available in a wide range of colors.
- Comfortable, stretch denim
- Figure-elongating straight legs
- Lift Tuck with slimming panel shapes curves
- Very snug fit around the tummy
4. NYDJ Womens Barbara Boot-Cut Jeans
Did you like something about the Lift Tuck technology of NYDJ I’ve talked about in the review of their Plus Size Marilyn Straight Leg Jeans? If yes, then you might want to know more about this bootcut design, which is also available in Plus Size by the way.
As for fitting the apple-shaped body, the jeans feel very comfortable around the waist without looking baggy around your hips and thighs. And with the brand’s signature shaping properties, your more circular apple figure is sure to look toned down and uniform in these.
- All-American, vintage bootcut vibe
- Lift Tuck technology with slimming/shaping panel
- Available in two sizes – Petite and Plus Size
- Stretchy and tall enough
5. Wallflower Plus Size Basic Legendary Skinny Jeans
The next on the list is an authentic American denim brand and their Plus Size Basic Skinny Jeans. Your apple figure gets a tight yet comfortable and stretchable fit through your legs. Heavy stitching is done in order to ensure long-lasting durability. Speaking of which, high-quality stretch fabric is also used.
The waistband sits low enough on your waist to prevent the appearance of a muffin top while also shaping your curves. In my honest opinion, these are among the best affordable jeans for tall apple-shaped women.
- Stretch fabric through legs for a comfortable, snug fit
- Heavy stitching can withstand multiple washes and wear
- Made of lightweight, stretchy denim
- Color fading makes body shape look smaller
6. Dickie’s Women’s Relaxed Straight Leg Jean
It’s not just a decent fit but an incredibly relaxed fit. All thanks to the use of stretch denim that comfortably hugs all your natural curves. At the same time, the blend of cotton, polyester, and spandex keeps its original shape throughout the day. This also means the straight leg jeans don’t sag even after multiple washes and long-term wear.
The best part is the presence of polyester yarns that hand out extra strength and long-lasting retention of color. A contoured waistband also helps for preventing any gapping between the jeans and your body. And so does the stretch interlining.
And bonus points for the big and deep pockets!
- Relaxed straight fit with a mid-rise waist
- Stretch denim retains original shape
- Contoured waistband prevents gapping
- Extra-strength denim and long-term color retention
7. Lee Women’s Modern Series Curvy Fit Bootcut Jean
Stumbling upon a classic bootcut style pair of jeans that comfortably hugs your curves is a very rare occurrence. If women with an apple-shaped figure can relate, then you shouldn’t hesitate to buy these Lee jeans. The pair is simply perfect for women who carry weight in the posterior, thighs, and hips. It’s plenty slimming too, you know in case you have a mom belly.
The back pockets are strategically positioned to shape apple buttocks. Moreover, it features a mid-rise waist. Meaning not too high so the waistband digs into your stomach when you sit. High-waist also tends to accentuate a nonsymmetrical body shape. Nor is it too low to encourage any possible tummy bulges to show. Just a contoured, no-gap waistband!
- Classic bootcut jeans with a curve-hugging fit
- Contoured waistband creates no gapping
- Slimming shape tucks in belly pooch
- Mid-rise for tummy control without muffin top
- Back pocket placement shapes apple figure buttocks
8. PajamaJeans Womens Stretch Jeans Bootcut
Here’s another pair of amazingly stylish and flattering bootcut jeans perfect for apple-shaped women. The classic bootcut construction of the legs feels relaxed through your hips and thighs. And it does so without causing any tugging or unnecessary stretching.
Dormisoft denim is a part of the design, which means it shapes your lower half so it looks proportionate to your apple-shaped top half. Many women have bought these jeans to wear during pregnancy as well – that’s just how comfortable and stretchable they are.
- Feel comfortable like pajamas, but look like flattering jeans
- Classic bootcut legs for a balanced, proportionate body shape
- Dormisoft denim is extremely soft and stretchy
- The elastic drawstring waist offers a customized fit
9. Riders by Lee Indigo Women’s Plus Size Stretch Bootcut Jean
A very comfortable fit for women with a large bust and belly but slightly narrower hips and thighs. The mid-rise waist is enough for reaching your belly button. In fact, you can also pull them a little higher if that’s how you like it.
The fit around the buttocks and waist, in particular, is so good that even if you don’t wear the bootcut style, you’ll end up wearing this for a very long time. Speaking of which, the material does stretch out over time. But you can always add a belt when that happens!
- No-gap, elastic waist
- Mid-rise jeans ideal for tummy shaping
- The comfortable fit feels soft and stretchy
- Thinner material perfect for hot, sunny days
10. Jessica Simpson Women’s Plus Size Curvy High Rise Skinny Jeans
The last on the list is a pair of high-rise skinny jeans for women who prefer their denims to fit like a glove. And that means expect no amount of saggings from anywhere. It’s also a myth-buster for women who think that skinny jeans are not for you if you have a belly pooch with a smaller lower half.
You might also assume that a larger size will be able to accommodate your waistline. This is true, no doubt. However, with a larger size, more often than not, the legs are bigger too. But that’s not the case here. So you get all the tummy bulge accommodation you demand without the legs looking baggy.
- Made of stretch denim fabric
- High-rise skinny jeans with a curvy body cut
- Suitable for plus size women
Why Jeans for Apple-Shaped Figure Are Hard to Find?
If you have an apple-shaped body, then you probably know that your midsection is heavier. And that means dressing to hide that muffin top. This body type has a bigger waistline in comparison to slender legs. No wonder it’s so difficult to find a pair of jeans that doesn’t accentuate the muffin top while also fitting the skinny legs.
Now I’m not saying that all women have a muffin top. But those that do, maybe due to pregnancy, find that their midsection is the most troublesome area when it comes to choosing clothing according to their body shape. So, for them, the jeans I’ve reviewed might seem like a blessing in disguise.
Factors to Take Into Account When Buying Jeans for Apple-Shaped Women
It’s not impossible, after all, to find perfect-fitting jeans for disproportionate body shapes, including the apple figure. Just keep in mind a few basic rules.
With a larger waistline, needless to say, low-waist jeans are a complete NO-NO. These not only look like they’re highlighting your midsection, but they feel extremely uncomfortable too. What about high-waist jeans then? Not such a great option either because high-rise sits over the belly button. And this type of fit too accentuates your most problematic areas.
So the perfect fit for you is mid-rise, no doubt about that. It wraps around your midsection to provide the control your apple waistline demands without causing a muffin top.
With wide pant legs, you can balance out your broader midsection. Flare bottoms work best for women who wish to even out the overall shape of their body. And more often than not, these women have an apple figure. In that light, you can go for straight-leg jeans as well.
Did you know that darker colored jeans have a slimming effect? That’s the beauty of dark washes and even black jeans. They, no doubt, shape and slim down your thighs and legs.
In my opinion, if the combination of a larger waistline and more slender legs makes it difficult for you to find jeans that fit perfectly well, then ditch the traditional design.
Instead, choose the more recent yet incredibly stylish and comfortable pull-on jeans equipped with an elastic waistband. These are the most suitable for not only apple-shaped women but also those with a muffin top.
But why should you do that? Simply because traditional jeans have a front zipper, right? So it’s only natural for this zipper to add more bulk around your midsection. Therefore, making it more noticeable. The same rule applies to the front buttons classic jeans normally have.
On the contrary, jeans with a pull-on waistband consist of tummy shaping side panels ideal for your midsection.
Size That Accommodates Your Waistline
Your legs may be slender but you can’t say the same about your waistline, right? In that case, it seems like a logical decision to size up. Simply because your waistline demands a larger size. Otherwise, you’re only just making your midsection look squished and uncomfortable.
For apple-shaped women, the best advice out there is to choose the size of jeans based on the waist. So stay away from a pair that’s too tight around your tummy, no matter what. Even if that means going for the bigger size in case you’re stuck in between two sizes. Rather have those jeans feel slightly loose around your waist than too tight!
Petite body shapes and cropped leg jeans often go hand in hand. And the best part about the cropped length is that it looks very stylish and flattering on taller women too. But if you’re tall and don’t like the look of cropped length on you, then bootcut or skinny jeans are perfect. And these happen to shape the apple-shaped lower half pretty well too.
Quick Tips for Choosing Jeans That Look Good On Apple-Shaped Ladies
- Make sure the jeans have a rounded or curved yoke. It’s the best for shaping the buttocks.
- Curved pockets as well are an effective way of providing the much-needed lift to your bottom.
- But what if your posterior is flatter? Then go for flap back pockets since they offer depth to flatter buttocks.
- As for taking away that bulge of your midsection, jeans with flat front pockets seem like an appropriate choice.
Let me tell you that I’m not underestimating the frustration and confusion apple-shaped women go through at the time of jeans shopping. I know it’s tricky because jeans that are tight around the waist are often loose around the legs. But there are certain factors that make it easier to find a fit that feels comfortable and looks flattering around both your waist and legs.
Your goal is to minimize the midsection and shape or slim down your hips and thighs. All this while also balancing out the larger upper half of your body, for which the bootcut style works the best. No doubt about that!