Last Updated on March 23, 2023 by Sarah Keene
Having a nice pair of shorts on hand when the weather warms up may be important. If styled correctly, one pair may be worn for both working out and going out.
Whether you like them fitted or relaxed, the best denim shorts for big thighs provide style, just the perfect amount of stretch, and all-day comfort. With the proper fabric and pattern, you may also say goodbye to uncomfortable gaps, bunching, and squeezing.
- Top 3 Denim Shorts For Big Thighs
- 12 Best Denim Shorts For Big Thighs
- 1. Lee Indigo’s Plus Size by Riders
- 2. Levi’s New Plus-Size Women’s Shorts
- 3. Women’s Flex Motion Plus Size Bermuda Short by Lee
- 4. LEE Women’s Relaxed-Fit Bermuda
- 5. Women’s Ripped Denim Jean Shorts- Luvamia
- 6. Levi’s Bermuda Short for Women
- 7. Lee Indigo’s Riders Women’s Plus-Size Bermuda Short with Comfort Waist
- 8. ALLEGRACE Plus Size Denim Shorts
- 9. Lee Women’s Regular Fit Chino Walkshorts
- 10. ALLEGRACE Women’s High Waisted Ripped Folded Hem Jean Shorts Plus Size
- 11. Colrain Women’s Ripped Hole Washed Distressed Short Jeans with a High Waist
- 12. Signature by Levi Strauss & Co. Gold Label Women’s Mid-Rise Shorts
- How to Choose Denim Shorts for Thick Thighs?
- What is the most flattering length for shorts?
- How do you make big thighs look good in denim shorts? What You Need To Consider
- Can I wear shorts if my thighs touch?
Top 3 Denim Shorts For Big Thighs
|#1 – Editor’s Choice
||Cotton, Rayon, Polyester, Spandex|
||Cotton, Polyester, Elastane|
12 Best Denim Shorts For Big Thighs
1. Lee Indigo’s Plus Size by Riders
This modern denim shorts for thick thighs has a double roll cuff hem and a classic five-pocket jean silhouette with a great new modern fit that is more fitted to the body.
The fit is designed to draw attention to the body while also elongating the leg for a slimming effect. The modernized finishing and novelty details add a trendy touch.
There is just the perfect amount of fading and distressing on these denim shorts to give them that worn-in appearance. A basic tank or triangle bikini top and these shorts make for a perfect day in the sun.
- Soft and comfortable with the perfect fit.
- They are the perfect length; they are not too short and not too long.
- Easily adjustable through rolling.
- It sits perfectly on the waist.
- It may not be cut to true size. If ordered, select a size larger than normally worn.
2. Levi’s New Plus-Size Women’s Shorts
In the spring and summer, it’s just as important as your favorite tank. These shorts for thick thighs are designed for shape and comfort because of the stretch denim with just the right amount of give.
These denim shorts are a fashion-forward style that comes in the much-desired classic denim blue.
I chose these cut-offs because they have enough legroom while still looking slim-fitting enough to be a dressy short.
If you’re out seeking a pair of cute biker-style denim shorts, these shorts in a light blue classic wash offer a relaxed fitted option. This pair has worn-in details that will become even more faded with time.
- They are comfortable and have stretch.
- Perfect length – not too long, like some plus-size shorts, but not too short (which is important for those with larger legs).
- High quality
- They can be rolled to achieve a shorter look if desired.
- Bit smaller than anticipated, so if you need them to look oversized, do actually size up.
- They can run a bit large at the waist.
3. Women’s Flex Motion Plus Size Bermuda Short by Lee
If you have larger thighs, you don’t have to stick with loose cuts, and these bermuda shorts are a sure bet.
The bottom of the shorts can be cuffed or uncuffed, thanks to a flex motion waistband, a flexible non-binding waistband, and a super stretch option.
If you I have thick thighs, it can be difficult to find shorts that fit correctly; these fit perfectly and are the perfect length. They fit around the waist nicely thanks to the stretch, but still not too tight on the thighs.
Too many people are mistakenly afraid of wearing white denim when it’s all about finding the right white, such as these optic-white denim shorts.
White denim shorts are tough to locate, much like white jeans. A pair of clean white shorts from Mother Denim, however, may be the answer to all of our troubles. A bit higher on the waist, and not too long or short. Put on a basic tank top during the day, then a sexier bodysuit at night.
- Super cute
- When you move, the Flex Motion fabric moves with you, yet it doesn’t slip off your body.
- Due to the additional stretch, the broad band doesn’t dig into your thighs.
- They’re comfy, and they look great.
- It could do with more material to the back, for ladies with bigger butts.
- It runs small, so order your next size up.
4. LEE Women’s Relaxed-Fit Bermuda
The LEE women’s relaxed-fit bermuda is one of the finest shorts on the market when it’s at its peak performance. This flexible pair of shorts has been a classic since the day they were created. With this classic short, you can dress up any outfit, whether it’s for a day at the park or a lunch date with friends.
Mid-rise Bermuda shorts with a relaxed fit in the seat and a straight fit in the thigh are the perfect summer shorts. Just above the knee, these shorts provide free movement and comfort for whatever your day has in store.
This pair of denim bermuda shorts is available in a range of washes and finishes to suit your own style. A basic denim short is always a good choice, as is a pair with different washes. There’s a pair of Lee jeans for any occasion.
- These shorts are very comfortable.
- Shorts adapt to your build with ease.
- Relaxed (stretchy) feel.
- They are lightweight.
- It is better for ladies who are pear-shaped but do not work for anyone with a waist that is the same size or slightly smaller than their hips.
5. Women’s Ripped Denim Jean Shorts- Luvamia
The Luvamia denim shorts for women have five traditional pockets and are cuffed along the bottom edges. You can wear these Luvamia denim shorts to a club, school, outdoor, party, beach, and vacation, among other places.
These denim shorts go well with a crop top or T-shirt and are perfect for Spring, Summer, and Autumn. They are ideal for casual daily wear.
Wear these jeans shorts with a stylish jean jacket, crop top, or T-shirt for a road trip appearance, or combine with a silk blouse and jacket for an elegant street style approach. With seductive cut-offs, you may opt for a more relaxed appearance. With fitted pants, you can go for a more polished seamless look. Denim is not only for the beach. This smart-casual classic may be styled in a variety of ways.
- They’re fashionable.
- Perfect amount of cotton, stretch and comfort to look fabulous and feel wonderful.
- It doesn’t have the “itchy” stitching some cheaper brands sometimes have.
- They are a bit on the shorter side, but they are super flattering.
6. Levi’s Bermuda Short for Women
With a flexible length that can be worn throughout the year, this is a classic shortcut. In addition to providing additional comfort and stretch, Levi’s Sculpt with Hypersoft is exceptionally soft.
It’s perfect for casual Fridays at work and when you wear them with a structured jacket, kitten heels, and a signet ring or dainty necklace, you’ll look chic.
Having worn shorts since the age of 15, I no longer like wearing anything that exposes too much of my body. As an alternative to my previous shorts, I chose these basic Levi Sculpt denim bottoms.
- Highly flattering to pear shapes.
- Widen band makes the jumpsuit invisible under your dress
- The lightweight material, combined with the Bermuda style, makes the hot weather much more tolerable.
- Good quality.
- The pockets are tiny.
7. Lee Indigo’s Riders Women’s Plus-Size Bermuda Short with Comfort Waist
The Lee Riders Indigo comfort waist bermuda will quickly become a wardrobe staple. These shorts are mid-rise and sit just below the waist and have a 1.5-inch elastic waistband with stretch.
The cut of these shorts is undeniably ultra-flattering, allowing them to be dressed up or down as needed. When I think of jean shorts for curves, I envision something similar to these because they are a great staple for warmer weather.
These ultra-flattering shorts will quickly become an essential piece in your wardrobe. Even though these shorts may be worn with the legs rolled up, the raw hem at the bottom is a unique feature. Nothing beats the timeless appeal of this pair of mid-rise jeans.
- Not only are they suitable, but they also do not pinch in the waist area.
- Material durable and holds up to multiple washings.
- Very comfortable.
- They stay up and don’t slip down in the front.
- The fabric is a little thick.
8. ALLEGRACE Plus Size Denim Shorts
It is very pleasant to wear these plus size denim shorts. They are loose, but not baggy, as they are made of stretchy & comfy material, which is very comfortable to wear.
These shorts are easy to put on or take off with a zipper fly button closure and a high rise style with secure elastic.
This pair of plus-size jean shorts is extremely soft and great for curves. It is also enhanced with fun torn and frayed features and convenient pockets make it possible for you to carry necessities such as your smartphone and a compact iPod hands-free.
Suitable for casual, vacation, the beach, around the house, and various other occasions. Simple, classic, and stylish denim shorts will never go out of style.
- Very soft material.
- High wasted and stretchy.
- Flattering for plus sizes.
- They are incredibly comfortable.
- The zipper can be a bit fiddly.
9. Lee Women’s Regular Fit Chino Walkshorts
Try these denim shorts that look like trendy athleisure bike shorts for a more bold style statement.
These are great for those with broad thighs and a narrow waist. This fits well and eliminates the gap between the fabric and your waist at the top. It’s super cute, and it washes well.
These Lee denim shorts have a perfect loose fit through the thigh and feature pockets in the back that give it a minor vintage feel.
- The material is the perfect weight with a slight stretch.
- Nice phone-sized pockets in front.
- No ironing is needed.
- They are not tight on the legs, as well as having a slight stretch.
- Fake pockets in the back can be a little annoying.
10. ALLEGRACE Women’s High Waisted Ripped Folded Hem Jean Shorts Plus Size
This item is skin-friendly and comfortable to wear because it is made of soft denim with good elastic. They have an elastic zipper fly closure, making them simple to put on and take off. The fabric is soft and stretchy. The rise fit is excellent, and these shorts will quickly become a wardrobe staple.
Want shorts with plenty of legroom, a mid-rise, and a slouchy fit? Enter the blue Allegrace shorts. Looking through these picks, it’s no secret that I love distressed detailing, but I prefer just a hint, so they look more “fashion” rather than hipsters trying too hard.
Denim in a relaxed fit is a summer wardrobe must-have. This is a universally flattering choice that can be worn for any activity, from backyard barbecues to weekend errands.
- High rise with a great stretch.
- Comfortable fit.
- If you have a larger belly, it may be worth sizing up.
11. Colrain Women’s Ripped Hole Washed Distressed Short Jeans with a High Waist
This high-waisted ripped-hole washed distressed denim shorts are both classic and fashionable.
These shorts will make you look slimmer all day. Is there anything cozier than these denim shorts? There isn’t, in a nutshell. Wear all of your favorite cotton tees and singlets this summer for a look that will last from the first heat of summer to the arrival of autumn.
I adore high-waisted mum-style shorts, and they’re proving to be a style that’s here to stay summer after summer. It has a loose fit surrounding the legs with a high-rise belted waist to draw attention to the narrowest part of the body.
The Signature by Levi Strauss & Co. Gold Label women’s mid-rise shorts is a perfect fit! They are stretchy and comfortable, with an ideal length. Not too long, but just enough to prevent chaffing.
- They are super cute and comfy.
- These are made of a leggings-type material, so they are both comfy and flattering to your curves.
- The fabric is nice and soft.
- It may be worth buying your true size as they stretch a little.
12. Signature by Levi Strauss & Co. Gold Label Women’s Mid-Rise Shorts
These mid-rise denim shorts could well be the most elegant pair of shorts you’ve ever seen! They’re meant to smooth over your belly for a more attractive appearance, but there’s more, the somewhat elastic fabric is really comfortable and light to wear all day.
When you wear these denim shorts, you won’t have to stress about the dreaded gap between your back and your waistline since they are fitted with hidden elastic at the waist. They are sent with cuffs, but they may also be unrolled for a longer inseam.
With these shorts, you can update your denim wardrobe as they will never go out of style because they’re simple, traditional, and attractive.
- They have a good amount of stretch.
- Great flexibility.
- Perfect length.
- Great feel (soft yet durable).
- The pockets are way too shallow.
How to Choose Denim Shorts for Thick Thighs?
Shorts season has arrived! Are you prepared? If you’re reading this, I’m assuming you have big thighs. First and foremost, I understand how difficult it can be to find and wear denim shorts for big thighs. Do not despair; recent studies have linked big thighs to lowered blood pressure and living longer. This is certainly a plus over our slimmer thighed ladies. Big thighs can be an actual blessing.
I’ve had a few conversations recently with customers who have big thighs and shared that they felt lost when it came to picking shorts for their body shape, now that the weather is warming up. That being said, I’d like to share a few of my tried and true tips on how to choose denim shorts for big thighs to make your shopping experience a little easier.
High Rises Are Your Best Friend
High-waisted everything is everywhere right now.
In addition to creating the appearance of a more balanced figure, higher rise shorts make legs seem longer and slimmer by emphasising your waistline. What’s not to appreciate about legs that appear longer and leaner?
Be aware of the tightness
When it comes to wearing tight shorts for women with large thighs, the truth is that they aren’t going to be the most attractive choice. Trust me on this.
You will feel more comfortable wearing shorts that have space in the thigh region, as opposed to those that dig into your flesh.
As a result of wearing tight shorts, your thighs seem bigger than normal. Try to find a pair of pants or shorts that have a gap between them and your real thigh instead. It’s not necessary to wear oversized shorts, but anything in the centre would be great.
Shorts with Side Slits
Even little things may make a difference in how your shorts fit and compliment your figure. My guess is that by now you’ve tried on several shorts, trying to find a pair that flatters your wide thighs.
Be aware of apparently unimportant details. Wear shorts with side slits if your thighs are large.
Some of you may be asking, “What is a side slit?” Most likely, you’ve seen some shorts with small little cutouts on the side. In contrast, those small little cuts are your new BFF. Why? As a result, your shorts will have far more flexibility to fit your large thighs. Slit shorts have the advantage of being an inconspicuous addition to your outfit or the overall appearance of your shorts.
What is the most flattering length for shorts?
Whether you are more of an apple-shaped body or a pear-shaped body, the inseam length is one of the first things to consider. According to Nikky Frenny, a plus-size style guru and influencer, mid-length shorts suit nearly everyone, particularly those with wide thighs.
It doesn’t have to just one kind of denim short. Shorts or Bermuda shorts may be made more comfortable by adding a little spandex. As a bonus, denim becomes more flexible when it contains more spandex or elastic.
How do you make big thighs look good in denim shorts? What You Need To Consider
When it comes to fit, selecting high-waisted designs may help avoid a gap at the rear of your shorts, particularly when wearing denim. Avoid short or wide leg styles if your legs tend to bunch up while walking. It’s always good to have some spandex (also known as elastane) in the fabrics for better ventilation.
My search began with the highest-rated pairs of denim shorts that matched the aforementioned requirements, and then I read the reviews to see whether customers with self-described big thighs approved of them before purchasing. Some of these summer-ready best shorts for thick thighs range from traditional Levi’s to vintage high waisted pairs, as well as one bike short.
If you are looking for shorts for thicker thighs that are NOT denim, click here. (another article will be given to you in a day or 2 and you will link to it)
Can I wear shorts if my thighs touch?
In a word, yeah! Whenever you’re wearing denim shorts, make sure you’re wearing something snug and fitting beneath them. This will help you to prevent inner thigh chafing by reducing friction. For further protection, bike shorts or underpants shorts may be worn.
Denim shorts for large thighs may be a challenge to find. Because of this, if you know which cuts and forms work best for your body type, you may easily hide the thighs.
Therefore, our most favoraite shorts from the roundup has to go to Lee Indigo’s Plus Size by Riders
It is no wonder these shorts are so well-received since they fulfil the main requirements mentioned in this article. Also, they are extremely comfy, elastic and just the right amount of length.