Last Updated on November 18, 2023 by Sarah Keene
Moobs or man boobs have been the subject of debate in recent years if men with gynecomastia should wear bras. Male bra (also known as compression bra/shirt, compression vest, or gynecomastia vest) refers to brassieres designed for men. But why let men wear a bra? You’ll find the answer later.
Unlike women bras, the bra for men usually flattens rather than lifts the bust. Moreover, man bras are developed for men who have abnormally large breasts than ordinary men, a condition called gynecomastia.
This article will discuss more on the best bra for a man to wear when suffering from gynecomastia and other facts about man bras. Moreover, you ought to know more about gynecomastia that maybe you are suffering from without knowing it.
Top 3 Bras For A Man To Wear
|#1 – Editor’s Choice
||Polyamide, Polyester, Elastane|
||Polyamide, Polyester, Elastane|
7 Best Bras For A Man To Wear – Reviews 2022
1. Esteem Apparel Original Men’s Chest Compression Shirt to Hide Gynecomastia Moobs
You should exercise to remove those unwanted man boobs! But if you are too busy and you want an instant result, try the Esteem Apparel Original Men’s Chest Compression Shirt to hide those moobs! These abs slimming shirt compresses your man boobs and chest simultaneously to give you smooth looking torso underneath any clothing.
The binders will look neat and flat under any clothing like sweaters, t-shirts, polo shirts, and other outerwear. Unlike other slimming shirts for men, the Esteem Apparel Original has shoulder mesh material so you can easily put it on and take it off in seconds. The slimming undershirt is high-quality spandex.
- Don’t worry if it sticks out below your waist, you can tuck it in.
- Also, looks good and smooth in business suits.
- It offers extra tight-fitting, especially for muscular men.
- The breathable fabric is ideal for athletic activities.
- Only comes in black & white colors.
- Not to wear when sleeping.
2. Eleady Men’s Compression Shirt Slimming Body Shaper Vest
The Eleady Men’s Compression Shirt undergarment is something that you can wear underneath any type of clothing. Be it workout tank tops, ordinary t-shirts, sweaters, a tuxedo, and practically everything.
The good thing is; nobody knows that you are wearing it. This abdomen undershirt also hides those man boobs that you are having for a long time.
This slimmer body shaper vest reduces the appearance of gynecomastia while easily shapes your chest, waist, and stomach without moving heavily. The vest has 80% rayon and 20% spandex on its lining while the outer layer is 100% nylon. The slimming shirt is also ideal for compressing muffin tops and other unwanted fats on the belly.
- Also, deals with a beer belly and bloated stomach while at work.
- Although it has a lining, the fabric is thin enough to be hidden.
- The effect is immediate while you feel light.
- It is highly elastic that fits snugly to well-built men.
- Handwashing with cold water is preferable.
3. TAILONG Men Compression Shirt for Body Slimming Tank Top
The TAILONG Men Compression Shirt is built to concentrate on slimming love handles and makes your tummy appear slimmer. However, it can also trim your man’s boobs because of the double-layered compression it provides. The fabric is 80% polyester and 20% spandex that create tight compression on the torso.
This shaper tight undershirt tummy control girdle from Tailong has three rows of hook and eye and outer zipper closure for a precise fit. The secured closures enable a very tight fit that won’t let the tank top fold or roll. If you also happen to have loose skin around your waist or stomach, the girdle will flatten them even when you are sitting.
- The girdle will remain invisible under any clothing.
- The shaper has two steel bones on the back providing support.
- The braces also support the abdominal muscles.
- The double-layered design provides instant slimming.
- Only for hand washing and hang to dry.
- Not for prolonged use.
- Comes only in beige & black.
4. Underworks Men’s Extreme Gynecomastia Chest Binder Lipo Vest 980
One of the best man bras to wear for stage 1 lipo compression for gynecomastia is Underworks Men’s Extreme Gynecomastia Chest Binder Vest. Some men who are under pre-surgical procedures and those who are already on post-surgical stage will find this vest more comfortable to wear. The fabric is 70% nylon and 30% spandex so you can attain the most efficient compression for your man boobs.
Unlike some women’s slimming shapers, which used hooks and eyes, this chest binder has a Velcro closure for ease of use. But the fastener won’t bulge under tight clothing. You will be happy to know that this modern girdle for men also compresses the abdomen and the waist, making them look more attractive.
- The shirt provides the ultimate chest and man boobs compression.
- The double-strong panels compress the chest firmly.
- The Velcro closure is not bulky.
- Made in the USA.
- Comes only in black and white colors.
- Might be a little bit tight on the shoulders.
- Not for prolonged use.
- One of the most pricey compression shirts.
5. Wonderience Compression Shirts for Men Undershirts Slimming Body Shaper
If you want a waist trainer and a tank top vest in one, the Wonderience Compression Shirts for Men with a zipper will let you do two things at the same time. Talking about multitasking while slimming! But, yes! The Wonderience Slimming Body Shaper could help you lose weight while you hide your man’s boobs from the public eye.
The shirt has two distinguishable features: the zipper closure and the two rigid built-in steel bones for more back support. Just like a most quality built compression shirts, the Wonderience Undershirts have double layer cross-back to enhance your posture. The compression shaper is 60% nylon and 40% spandex, hence, the rigid compress.
- It also flattens front and side belly fats under the dress.
- The steel bones won’t roll up when raising hands or sitting down.
- The compression shirt is wearable on any occasion.
- You can tuck it in if too long.
- Not for machine washes.
- Not for tumble drying, just hang to dry.
6. XUJI Women Tomboy Breathable Cotton Elastic Band Tank Top
Although it is made for women, the Xuji Women Tomboy Breathable Chest Binder is frequently seen worn by most working men. We suspect that the materials got to do something about it. This elastic tank top which has hook and eye closure on the side is 65% cotton, 5% polyester fiber, and 35% spandex.
Constructed like bullet-proof armor, this chest binder is soft but firm when worn. Thanks to its cotton material! The cotton material lets you move with more flexibility and breathability. The mesh panel fabric allows more freedom for movement while you are kept dry and cool.
- The sizes range from Medium to 6XL, so you have too many options.
- This is best to wear when going to the gym.
- The thick shoulder straps are fine Yoga cotton.
- Wearing this binder needs assistance or wears it facing a full-chest mirror.
- Choose the bigger one if you are in-between two sizes.
- It doesn’t cover love handles and muffin top.
7. Shaxea Bodywear Men’s Slimming Body Shaper Gynecomastia Vest
Men who don’t want to show their bulging man boobs will surely admire the Shaxea Bodywear Slimming Body Shaper. This shirt tank top compression shirt is one of the better alternative shapewear for men. The compression shirt is 90% nylon and 10% spandex, which is just enough for big men with man moobs problems. To make it easier to wear, this body wear has a button closure
Even if you have a beer belly and bulging muffin tops, the Shaxea Gynecomastia Vest is sure to flatten them without a hitch. The instant relief from this tightly-knit nylon combined with enough elasticity creates a snug fit to hide man boobs.
- Aside from compressing man boobs, it also compresses the abdomen.
- The high level of comfort is priceless than other brands.
- This slimming body shaper is a quick way to hide man boobs.
- The fabric provides a more breathable body even under clothing.
- Comes only in black and white colors.
- Order the right size because they run small.
What Is Gynecomastia?
Men’s bra is a new concept that most men find more practical. The practice of wearing a bra for men is believed to emanate from a medical condition called Gynecomastia in males. This medical condition is simply the enlargement of breasts in men.
Specifically, gynecomastia is the condition in which the glandular tissue in men’s or boys’ breasts is enlarged as a result of hormonal imbalance (estrogen and testosterone). The hormonal imbalance usually occurs during pregnancy, puberty, or later in adult life. However, the condition is different from breast enlargement due to fat deposits more noticeable from overweight men.
Medical practitioners have different views in treating Gynecomastia. Although this condition is non-life-threatening: it is sometimes too hard to cope with the condition.
For mild cases, one of the treatments advised by more doctors is to wear a compression man bra to flatten (rather than lift) the peeking boobs. For more severe cases, surgical reduction of the breasts is required.
Best Bra For A Man To Wear – Buyer’s Guide
Better to shop for a man bra that has a neutral color and not with patterns. The neutral colors that we talk about include black, beige, and white. Dark colors are also considered more masculine. Vertical stripes on bras or shirts may also help in hiding large boobs.
2. Wider straps
Men have a broader chest than women. They also have skin-deep upper breast tissue that is why men need to wear straps that are not too thin or tight. Better still, the straps should be wider than ordinary female bras. If the straps are too thin, they will go deeper into your skin, which will make you feel more uncomfortable.
Some of the best bras for men are the sports bra, tank top shirts, compression shirts, and body shaping vests. Most of these undergarments for men with gynecomastia hide the bulging breasts without somebody noticing them. Pick the best style that will match your lifestyle.
4. Compression level
Not all man bras are created equal. For a man with gynecomastia, he wants his boobs to look flat and not lifted. In this case, buy the one that has enough compression level to flatten the moobs. Some vest has as high as 35% to as low as 10% spandex (also known as elastane).
What To Look For In Bra For Men Suffering Gynecomastia?
1. Wireless or not
Some man bras come with a wire to support the sagging breasts. However, most men suffering from gynecomastia prefer wireless bras or compression shirts so they can wear thinner outerwear. Additionally, they are not comfortable wearing wired compression vests.
2. Look for wide wires if you like wired bras
If you prefer underwire bras, look for the one that has wide wires. The larger band size with smaller cups will accommodate your larger chest without constricting blood flow.
3. Soft & smooth materials
Everybody wants comfort and convenience when wearing underwear. So, choose a material that won’t irritate your skin, such as cotton, polyester, rayon, or nylon that won’t lint after series of washings.
You don’t have to spend too much just to hide those bulging and sagging breasts of yours. That is why we listed some of your best options above to find the most cost-effective compression bra for your condition.
Why Men Wear Bras?
Men with gynecomastia are not only the ones who wear bras. Most overweight or obese males with over-developed breasts look for support, containment, and comfort, by wearing man bras. On the other hand, some male athletes wear sports bras to protect their nipples from chafing while they run.
In contrast, gay men or transvestites wear bras because of the joy they feel wearing women’s clothing and underwear! But still, the leading reason why men (gay or straight) wear bras is gynecomastia.
How To Hide Gynecomastia?
- Medical procedure, depending on your doctor’s advice.
- Wear a man bra or compression vest/shirts that flatten, not lift, your breasts.
- Do the right diet and exercise to lose weight. When you lose weight, the size of your chest line will be reduced.
- Wear loose clothing with a compression body shaper (man bra) underneath to make the boobs unnoticeable.
How To Choose The Right Men Bra To Hide Man Boobs
1. Choose a wire-free bra.
A man bra without an underwire is more comfortable because the wire compresses the breasts and chest in more discomforting ways.
2. Pick a breathable fabric.
The men’s body is more susceptible to sweating in any type of weather. It is better to choose a man bra with breathable fabric to keep you fresh and dry.
3. No pads/no bulge.
Don’t wear a man bra that has pads. The pads, just like women’s bras lift the boobs, which will make your moobs more recognizable.
1. Is it okay for a man to wear a bra?
When you are suffering from gynecomastia: why not? Men’s bras are usually used to flatten the breasts that grow abnormally due to this medical condition. Wearing a bra to support a swelling breast tissue is just as important as wearing briefs or boxer briefs to support/protect the genitals.
2. Which bra is best for daily use?
For men, wearing a bra that remains invisible to others is just some of the best bras to wear. Consequently, bras that flatten and do not lift the man’s boobs are the best to wear every day.
3. What is the point of wearing a bra?
Large-breasted men and women usually suffer backache, shoulder stress, and strain on the muscles underneath the boobs. Wearing a bra lessens the impact of big breasts and helps in enhancing posture. Also, wearing a bra can alleviate the stress one feels in having bigger boobs.
According to a popular medical website, in the United States, about 70% of boys in early to mid-puberty experienced abnormal hormonal changes that lead to gynecomastia. Moreover, about 65% of middle-aged and older men suffer from the condition.
In this regard, we find the Esteem Apparel Original Men’s Chest Compression Shirt to be more helpful in coping with the condition without undergoing surgical procedures. We also consider it as the best bra for a man to wear. This light underwear for shaping man boobs hides gynecomastia well.