Last Updated on August 15, 2022 by Sarah Keene
During and after pregnancy, your breasts need the best support they can get. During the nursing period, your bra should be more comfortable for you and your baby. That is why you need a nursing bra that helps you manage personal hygiene while your child enjoys the best while breastfeeding.
The most common effect after childbirth is bust enlargement because of the fat and milk deposits on the breasts. Compared to regular bras, a nursing bra is a specialized brassiere providing additional support for lactating women and allows comfortable breastfeeding without removing the bra.
We have listed here eight of the best nursing bras for large breasts so you could narrow down your choices when the time to buy one (or more) comes. Here they are, moms!
- 3 Best Nursing Bras For Large Breasts
- 8 Best Nursing Bras For Large Breasts – Top Reviews 2022
- 1. iloveSIA 3PACK Women’s Full Bust Nursing Bra Seamless Maternity Bra
- 2. HOFISH 3PACK Full Bust Seamless Nursing Maternity Bras Bralette
- 3. Kindred Bravely French Terry Racerback Nursing Sleep Bra
- 4. Kindred Bravely Simply Sublime Busty Seamless Nursing Bra
- 5. Rumina’s Essential Pump&Nurse All-in-One Nursing and Hands-Free Pumping Bra
- 6. Gratlin Women’s Full Support Comfort Plus Size Cotton Maternity Nursing Bra
- 7. CAKYE 3 Pack Maternity Nursing Bra for Sleep Cotton Breastfeeding Bras
- 8. Kindred Bravely Extra Soft Organic Cotton Busty Wireless Nursing Sleep Bra
- Features To Look For While Buying The Best Nursing Bra For Large Breasts
- Choosing A Good Nursing Bra
- A Tip About Underwire In Nursing Bras.
- More Tips: Things To Remember When You Are Set To Buy A Nursing Bra.
- 1. What are the benefits of wearing a nursing bra?
- 2. What is the difference between a nursing bra and a maternity bra?
- 3. Should I wear an underwire nursing bra?
- 4. What size should my nursing bra be?
- 5. Should you wear a nursing bra to bed when breastfeeding
- 6. Which type of bra should be used for heavy breasts?
3 Best Nursing Bras For Large Breasts
|#1 – Editor’s Choice||
8 Best Nursing Bras For Large Breasts – Top Reviews 2022
Note: There is a size chart in every product link; consult the size chart for the right cup size for you. There are also specific instructions on how to measure your bust. You might need to re-measure your bust and band sizes after you gave birth for the right fit.
1. iloveSIA 3PACK Women’s Full Bust Nursing Bra Seamless Maternity Bra
If you prefer cheap but high-quality nursing bras, why not try the iloveSIA Women’s Full-Bust Nursing Bra? This maternity and nursing bra comes in a pack of three that cost as much as a single regular bra. A pack may come in three different colors or just one (mostly all black).
The bra has a one-hand access clip that is too easy to open and close when breastfeeding. The cups are wireless with adjustable straps and molded cups with removable inserts. The wideband is ribbed that has enough stretchiness to protect the bust line from constriction and for comfortable breastfeeding.
The cups’ center front also has ribbed stitching that provides little shirring on the boobs. The back is U-shaped straps to prevent the lingerie from slipping.
- The undergarment has a 4-way stretch fabric to hug you firmly.
- It has an inner-wide nursing sling for ease of feeding.
- The ultra-soft fabric has a hook & eye closure with four rows.
- A very supportive and comfortable nursing bra.
- The inner padding might take time to adjust when it budges.
2. HOFISH 3PACK Full Bust Seamless Nursing Maternity Bras Bralette
This is what a nursing bra stands out from your regular bra. It cost less! Just like the HOFISH 3PACK Nursing Bras. This full-bust seamless maternity or nursing bra comes in a pack of three and costs almost the same as a single regular bra. Not only that, the pack comes with extra bra extenders and clips to make breastfeeding easier.
This underwear comes in sizes from S to XXL with three extra bra extenders and three bra clips. The bra clips can be used whenever your bust got smaller while breastfeeding for some time or if you want to hide the bra straps.
The bras extenders, on the other hand, give you maximized comfort while your breasts grow due to pregnancy. The HOFISH Full-Bust Maternity Bralette is 92% nylon and 8% spandex for an ample fit.
- The bra extenders and bra clips give you customized support.
- The maternity/nursing bras are quite a great deal, price-wise.
- The bra has a 4-inch wide sideband that hides armpit fats.
- The triangle cup design holds the breasts firmly.
- The bra extenders have only three rows of hook and eye.
3. Kindred Bravely French Terry Racerback Nursing Sleep Bra
The ultra-soft fabric of the Kindred Bravely French Terry Racerback Nursing Bra will make you switch to this maternity or breastfeeding bra. But it’s not only the fabric that stands out! This nursing bra is not too stretchy because it is only 8% spandex and 92% Rayon. It won’t constrict your breasts even if they continue to grow while nursing.
You can wear this bra just like wearing a t-shirt because it has no hooks or clasps. But it has easy pull-aside openings on the cups when it’s time for breastfeeding your baby.
The bra has no underwire which has gentle support on your breasts. It is also ideal for breasts that continue to fluctuate in size due to postpartum. The materials are hypoallergenic so you and your baby are safe.
- With full-back coverage while the front has a V-neck crossover style.
- There is no underwire and no hooks and clasps for convenience.
- You can wear this lingerie when sleeping with your baby.
- Ideal for nursing mother with E, F, G, and I cup sizes.
- It is one of the costliest bras on our list.
- It might slip over when lying on your side.
4. Kindred Bravely Simply Sublime Busty Seamless Nursing Bra
Another wireless maternity and nursing bra that could fit F, G, H, and I cup sizes is the Kindred Bravely Simply Sublime Busty Seamless Nursing Bra. But this time, it has a hook and eye closure. That means it has adjustable wide straps with small buckles. But don’t worry; the soft buckles are fastened safely and not hazardous for your baby.
The Kindred Bravely Simply Sublime Nursing Bra has expanded fabric in the cups for the total coverage of growing breasts. You can even access quickly the clip-down cups with one hand for more convenient breastfeeding. The bra is 93% nylon and 7% spandex.
The bra has removable pads that give nursing mothers shape, separation, smoothing, and some decency when breastfeeding in public. The band is wider than ordinary brassieres to keep the underwear in place even if you carry your baby with one hand.
- The bra provides more space and fabric in the cups.
- The bra is exclusively designed for F and above sizes.
- The hook-back closure makes the fit ideal for any type of body.
- The padding might clump up if the baby moves erratically.
5. Rumina’s Essential Pump&Nurse All-in-One Nursing and Hands-Free Pumping Bra
If you are breastfeeding and it seems your baby runs out of milk, changing breast quickly might be inconvenient. In this scenario, the Essential Pump&Nurse Nursing Bra is the solution. But this hands-free nursing and pumping bra offers more! This bra understands you well because this product is designed by working moms like you.
The bra comes with two pumps with a container that can be inserted into the bra. This way: you breastfeed and pump at the same time, saving you lots of time. To make the all-in-one pumping, just lift the top layer of the fabric under the bust and find the inner layer (color-coded as red), then insert the pump from the side.
Rumina’s Pump&Nurse Nursing Bra is so easy to use and doesn’t need special skills to do so. It offers natural positioning because the bra has no holes but the cups position the flanges so they look like nursing a baby whatever arrangement your nipples have.
- The pumping and nursing bra is designed to be worn all day.
- The natural positioning keeps your nipples near your baby.
- Working and busy moms will love this bra!
- Ideal for working mothers that are too busy
- Ideal only after childbirth when the breasts are rich in milk.
- The stock milk should be consumed within four days if inside the refrigerator.
6. Gratlin Women’s Full Support Comfort Plus Size Cotton Maternity Nursing Bra
One of the most popular nursing bras for large breasts is the plus-size Gratlin Full-Support Comfort Cotton Maternity Bra. But, surprisingly, the bra has only 4% spandex combined with 96% cotton. The blend makes it one of the softest nursing bras in the market.
If you keep being active after childbirth, like engaging in exercises or heavy workouts, consider wearing the Gratlin Full-Support Maternity/Nursing Bra. The full-coverage cups and the wide under band will support your big breasts well enough.
The underwear is 96% cotton and 4% spandex, one of the best material combinations in brassiere. The cotton breathes well while you sit and nurture your baby while giving the infant extra warmth. The underwear has no hook and eye as closure, just pull it on like a t-shirt, and you are ready to go!
- The bra’s racerback adds extra support while smoothing your back.
- One of the best nursing/sports bras for women on the go.
- The wide strap with lace design is superb!
- It has a wide range of sizes (from S to 5XL).
- Some say the front fabric is thin: the nipples may show.
- Don’t wear the bra when soaked in a sweat if you will breastfeed.
7. CAKYE 3 Pack Maternity Nursing Bra for Sleep Cotton Breastfeeding Bras
Who says cotton bras are expensive? Not the CAKYE 3 Pack Maternity Nursing Bra. This soft and smooth to the mother’s skin (also for the baby’s) maternity and nursing bra sells for less than $25. By the way, it’s in a pack of three! The underwear is 95% cotton and 5% spandex.
But does it provide the necessary functions for a nursing mother? It delivers more comfort than you ever imagine. This wireless quality bra is soft and stretchy that is suitable during pregnancy and when breastfeeding. The easy one-hand pulldown cups on its crossover front make feeding quickly.
The CAKYA Sleep Cotton Nursing Bra has no clasps or hook and eye for closure. You just wear it like a tank top or a t-shirt and you’re on the go!
- The bra is not only cheap; the pack comes in three different colors!
- You can wear the bra while you sleep at night or just taking a nap.
- Ideal for maternity or nursing periods when the bust size fluctuates.
- The cups and band don’t squeeze your chest because of the silky material.
- The bra should be washed every day after every use.
- Always buy one size up.
8. Kindred Bravely Extra Soft Organic Cotton Busty Wireless Nursing Sleep Bra
The Kindred Bravely Nursing Sleep Bra is also a maternity bra that has available sizes for E, F, and G cups. You don’t have to buy extra bras while you are pregnant, this one will suffice for your needs after you gave birth. The extra soft fabric is due to its organic cotton material (90%) while it has enough elasticity (10% spandex).
You can easily wear the bra because it is a pull-on type (no hooks or snaps). There are no metal or plastic buckles that would hurt your skin when you lay down for breastfeeding or while sleeping. Don’t even worry if you have large breasts, the cups have expanded fabric to cover your busts as they grow with milk.
The busty lingerie is wireless with a wide band to support lactating and enlarging breasts. The straps are longer compared to other bras to fit larger breasts. The bra is ideal for women with a long torso.
- The enclosed elastic band under the bust keeps the bra in place.
- It has pull-aside nursing access for quick breastfeeding.
- The bra is specially created for moms with E cups and above.
- Ideal for taller women with a long torso.
- Not budget-friendly but it will serve you well.
- Comes in five colors only.
Features To Look For While Buying The Best Nursing Bra For Large Breasts
Look for these qualities when shopping for nursing bras if you have big breasts:
- Cups that envelop, separate, and lift the breasts without constricting.
- Wide straps that disperse the weight of your breasts and won’t dig into your skin.
- Adjustability to allow you to fine-tune your bust when sagging.
- Strong but soft fabric to provide comfort, support, and stretchability.
- Over-all coverage and support for your bulging breasts.
- Washable padding to prevent leaks.
- Quick & easy access to the breasts for feeding.
- Wireless is recommendable.
Choosing A Good Nursing Bra
Consider these things when buying a good nursing bra:
Do not rely solely on standard sizes. All bra sellers have their personalized size chart, so better use their product’s size chart for a better fit.
Choose a nursing or maternity bra that gives your bust more air to breathe. Some bras of this type have a plastic lining to stop the leak, but this doesn’t provide breathability. When the liquid milk is trapped, it might cause bacterial growth over time.
3. Easy accessibility to the breasts.
Choose a bra that is more comfortable for you while feeding. Some bras have their front that opens up completely, while others have pull-down clips that allow you to breastfeed in one breast at a time.
Since your breasts will surely expand when you are full of milk and contract after feeding, the stretchiness of the nursing bra counts a lot! So, find one that has comfortable stretchability to conform to your needs.
A Tip About Underwire In Nursing Bras.
Bras with underwire can put pressure on your milk ducts which could lead to mastitis (the inflammation of the breasts due to constriction or infection). The changing breasts shape during pregnancy or lactation is one of the reasons why underwire bras are not recommended at this time.
More Tips: Things To Remember When You Are Set To Buy A Nursing Bra.
It is only proper that you buy nursing bras a month before your scheduled delivery (the 8th month of pregnancy). It is because you may not be able to do these things one or two weeks before you give birth. However, some experts advised that you should start wearing a maternity or nursing bra once you notice that your breasts are changing and growing. Here are some things to remember when you are ready to buy a nursing bra.
1. Measure your bust before buying.
It is better to buy nursing bras in a physical store so the bra fits you well, but buying online is now more common because of the cheaper prices and the wide range of selection. Moreover, during this time of a pandemic, it is best to stay home. Again, read this article (6) on how to measure your bust size to know your cup size.
2. Buy a minimum of three bras.
Buying just one pair of a nursing bra is not practical. Some nursing bras are expensive but some are more affordable (especially those which come in a pack of three). But you should consider the range of comfort and convenience each brand does.
When you have three nursing bras (the minimum number recommended) at home, a pair is the one you are wearing, one to wash, and another one as a spare.
3. Need some accessories?
Some of the bra accessories that you will surely use are extenders, clips, and nursing pads. But some products have these accessories that come with the purchase, check them out!
1. What are the benefits of wearing a nursing bra?
- Nursing bras provide comfortable support for swollen breasts.
- It cushions the fluctuating breast size to make you feel more comfortable.
- It helps support the back and minimizes backache.
- The special design of a nursing bra lets you breastfeed anywhere on demand without taking off the whole bra.
- Minimizes the occurrence of mastitis on the mother’s breasts that may put your baby’s health at risk.
- The flexibility of a nursing bra does not constrict the flow of milk on the mother’s milk sacs resulting in uninterrupted nursing.
- A wireless nursing bra lets you sleep with it.
2. What is the difference between a nursing bra and a maternity bra?
The maternity bras, as opposed to your regular bras, support changing or increasing breast growth due to pregnancy, just like a nursing bra. However, a nursing bra has special designs (such as nursing clips, clasps at the top, pull-down opening, etc.) wherein you have easy access to your breasts for breastfeeding, which the regular bras do not have.
More mothers buy the nursing bra in the early stages of their pregnancy so they can save time and money up to the breastfeeding phases.
3. Should I wear an underwire nursing bra?
As we have stated above, underwire nursing bras are not recommended during pregnancy and when breastfeeding. If you are not pregnant or nursing a child, an underwire bra is ideal for support that can enhance your boobs if you are not well-endowed.
But when you are having larger breasts that continue to grow (or contract) during lactation, having an underwire bra becomes uncomfortable.
4. What size should my nursing bra be?
That depends on your accurate bust measurement. Remember that every woman is unique, so you don’t have to rely on a friend’s measurement as your reference. After measuring your band and bust sizes, you should know your cup size.
5. Should you wear a nursing bra to bed when breastfeeding
Many medical professionals believe that wearing a nursing bra to sleep while breastfeeding generally minimizes sagging breasts. The bra supports the structure of the breasts (particularly Cooper’s ligaments) both during the day and overnight.
All of the nursing bras we featured above are sleep-friendly, so, go ahead; pick the one (or two) that will satisfy your needs!
6. Which type of bra should be used for heavy breasts?
Generally, your breasts will be at their largest during the six weeks of nursing. You should have a nursing bra that is supportive, stretchy, and seamless at this stage.
Women are unique to each other, especially during pregnancy and nursing periods. In this case, their bras should adhere to their different needs during these stages.
We figured out that the iloveSIA 3PACK Full-Bust Nursing Bra Seamless Maternity Bra has more of the good traits we are looking for in a nursing bra.
But if you want some spares with slightly different features, the Kindred Bravely French Terry Racerback is a good choice!